At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Location: AKRON, ATLANTA, BIRMINGHAM, BOCA RATON, CHARLESTON, CHARLOTTE, CHICAGO, CINCINNATI, CLEVELAND, DETROIT, GRAND RAPIDS, COLUMBUS, GREENVILLE, INDIANAPOLIS, JACKSONVILLE, KANSAS CITY, LOUISVILLE, MEMPHIS, MIAMI, MILWAUKEE, MINNEAPOLIS, NASHVILLE, ORLANDO, PITTSBURGH, RALEIGH, ST LOUIS, TALLAHASSEE, TAMPA, TOLEDO
EY’s Business Tax Advisory (BTA) Quantitative Services (QS) practice provides cutting edge solutions to some of the world’s largest organizations, middle market and private companies. As a member of our BTA team, you will solve problems, add value and assist companies in navigating an increasingly complex post-tax reform environment. As a BTA QS Senior Associate, you will have an opportunity to work on some of the most complex tax issues and translate them into effective tax strategies, focused on managing the impact tax has on our clients’ business. You will be part of the team, focused on identifying the various cash tax savings and refund opportunities in the areas of FDII, BEAT, and GILTI planning; R&D credits; accounting methods; capitalization and cost recovery; transaction costs; inventory; and others
Our market-leading approach combines extensive federal tax experience with compliance and strategic planning, providing clients with an integrated service that adds significant value to their tax function. Mentored by nationally recognized professionals, you will be a trusted business advisor by delivering on our promises to our clients. Additionally, you will be part of a rapidly growing team that is working with and supporting EY’s comprehensive business tax advisory strategy. With the support of some of the most experienced professionals in the business, you can expect to develop your career at EY and build a strong foundation in your tax technical, management, marketing and business skills.
Your key responsibilities
You will be part of a team serving clients in various public and private industries and sectors. You will have an opportunity to directly interface with our clients and support the day-to-day project management activities by analyzing the client data/information, and preparing the commensurate analyses. You will support and actively participate in analysis of large datasets and the related evaluation of the pertinent laws and regulations, and collaborating with firm subject matter professionals to analyze the client facts. As part of the BTA practice, you will provide guidance and direction to the associates, support them on various engagement and the related activities. You will also play an important role in delivering client engagements and working directly with BTA managers and partners to serve our clients, develop our people and grow and nurture the OneEY culture.
Skills and attributes for success
• Facilitate delivery of effective approaches to our clients’ tax needs
• Apply critical and independent thinking to identify new business opportunities
• Assist in executing client engagements
• Provide timely and high-quality tax research and the related analysis, including preparation of technical memoranda
• Proactively manage projects to ensure timely delivery of high-quality analysis and client deliverables
• Support the development of client relationships
• Learn and develop specific client industry and sector knowledge
• Help to develop and guide associates by providing actionable performance feedback and ensuring team responsibilities are consistent with their developmental goals
• Build on technical competence by staying current on trends, developments and technical issues and applying them to client facts and circumstances
• Demonstrate willingness to learn and innovate through application of our current tools and emerging technologies, such as SharePoint, MS Power BI, MS Power Pivot, MS Power Query and Alteryx.
To qualify for the role, you must have
• A Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, management information systems, or related field, as well as approximately four years of related work experience, OR a graduate degree in tax, law or management information systems, and approximately three years of related work experience
• A valid US Enrolled Agent, CPA or licensed attorney designation or eligible to obtain one of the designations
• Experience with preparing tax research and the related analysis
• Proficient in analyzing large datasets
• The ability to learn complex tax and industry concepts and apply them to specific client scenarios
• Good managerial, organizational, project management and verbal/written communication skills
• The ability to work well in a team environment and be comfortable supervising teams of EY personnel and client personnel
• Business and tax technical writing skills
• Proficiency with MS Excel, MS Access, and data mining tools
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Familiarity and/or experience in the areas of the IRS tax controversy and statistical sampling
• Experience with current data analytics and visual tools, such as MS Power BI, MS Power Pivot, MS Power Query and Alteryx
• Big 4 comparable experience
• Certifications in Alteryx or Microsoft products (MSCA)
• Advanced degree, such as MST, MSA, JD, or LLM
What we look for
We are interested in tax professionals who are excited about implementing sophisticated types of quantitative analyses, with the confidence and knowledge to think creatively in a constantly shifting environment. If you possess an entrepreneurial spirit, the ability to prioritize across projects and make strong decisions in often challenging scenarios, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to the business. The salary range for this job in most geographic locations in the US is $70,200 to $115,900. The salary range for New York City Metro Area, Washington State and California (excluding Sacramento) is $84,200 to $131,800. Individual salaries within those ranges are determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, skills and geography. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Tax Senior- Federal Consulting- Quantitative Services- Central and Southeast US.
- Business Development
- Business Informatics