JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION: This position is responsible for the management of the flow of inventory from the suppliers into one or more distribution centers. This is accomplished through the analysis of demand and the management of forecast and purchase orders.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
- Monitor and maintain demand forecasting.
- Analyze historical usage and forecasting reports to ensure a proper demand data for automated systems.
- Manage promotion sales history and analyze and adjust forecast to ensure customer demand is met.
- Monitor and provide feedback on promotional forecasting information provided by Chain Management.
- Communicate vendor issues encountered and work to resolve any supply disruptions in the execution phase of promotions to Chain Management team.
- Place and monitor purchase orders utilizing system reports with the purpose of maximizing in-stock level, maintaining minimum inventory exposure and balancing freight costs.
- Seek opportunities to work with other Distribution Center functions to maximize operating targets.
- Manage inventory levels and flow to optimize receiving, storage, picking, and loading operations.
- Maintain inventory levels to minimize obsolescence spoilage.
- Coordinate with transportation group to optimize backhauls and freight income opportunities.
- Manage inter-division difficulties such as transfers, allocations, and quality issues.
- Monitor and analyze performance indicators such as in-stock levels, perfect order performance, inventory levels, inter-division transfer costs, and obsolescence.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
A teammate in this position must:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Industrial Distribution or related field.
- Strong commitment to customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to influence others and work both individually and as part of a team.
- Strong computer literacy including ability to work with spreadsheets. Experience with an ERP preferred.
- Ability to quickly and effectively learn new systems.
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
McLane is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.