Description Job Schedule:
Part Time Standard Hours:
24 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
various days and shifts. 8a-8p
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 25,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
- Provides pastoral/spiritual & emotional care to all patients, their family members and organizational staff .
- Performs pastoral visitation to all, regardless of his/her denomination or beliefs.
- Assesses and responds to the spiritual and emotional needs of those served, including crisis intervention and bereavement.
- Participates in an interdisciplinary approach to pastoral care and patient health.
- Documents visits and interventions appropriately according to the standards of the healthcare organization.
- Provide a variety of Christian and Ecumenical and other duties as necessary.
- Other Duties as assigned
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
Board Certified Chaplain is preferred. Ordained Clergy, Lay-Minister is preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree with additional graduate study relevant to pastoral care, or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
- Master's degree in Theology or Religious Studies preferred.
- Previous experience as Chaplain in a clinical setting; acute or sub-acute is preferred.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.