Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY people do more than diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity of patients because we love what we do, and it shows. PAGNY is committed to recruiting and retaining productive and enthusiastic physicians and promotes our health professionals’ wellness.
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Kings County, located in the heart of Brooklyn, accommodate more than 518,076 outpatient visits, more than 141,328 emergency room visits, and with 627 beds, more than 25,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains a strong academic affiliation with SUNY Downstate Medical Center in order to maintain its high standards of healthcare delivery.
Kings County is located in the East Flatbush/Prospect-Lefferts section of Brooklyn, close to the 2 and 5 subways. Our patients are diverse, with the majority being afro-Caribbean. Most of our patients are native English speakers. Knowledge of French/Haitian Creole is helpful, but not required.
Purpose of Position:
A commitment to respect for women and treating patients as a priority is necessary for this position. This encompasses a commitment to continuous learning, evidence-based patient care, accountability, honesty, teaching, research, and scholarship.
Furthermore, demonstrated experience and expertise in surgery, robotic surgery using the da Vinci system, chemotherapy, ambulatory and inpatient clinical care, and tele-health. Candidates must be collaborative, engage in multidisciplinary teamwork, and communicate with patients and other care team members. Persons hired within the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology will be involved in quality improvement and performance improvement activities, as directed by department leadership.
Areas of duties and responsibilities include gynecology oncology, inpatient, ambulatory, radiotherapy, and consultation services.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direct gynecologic oncologic care to patients, including but not exclusive to chemotherapy, surgery, and management of complex clinical cases
- Provide gynecologic surgical care to patients, including minimally invasive techniques
- Provide support and consultation to general OBGYN physicians, including difficult benign gynecologic surgical cases
- Provide experience in radiotherapy for gynecologic malignancies
- Provide supervision and teaching to Residents, Medical Students, and department learners
- Participate in OBGYN and Kings County Hospital Performance Improvement (PI) activities
- Board Certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Board Certified or Eligible in Gynecology Oncology
- Board Certification in Gynecology Oncology must be obtained within five (5) years of fellowship completion
- Possess or eligible for a New York State Medical License
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required prior to hire
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
For more information regarding this opportunity, please email your CV to Loretta Modesto, Physician Recruiter for PAGNY, at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Gynecology Oncology Physician - Kings County Hospital - Brooklyn, New York - Full Time
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Clinical Works
- Health Care
- Multidisciplinary Approach