Directs the operation of a group of Distribution Centers in assigned geographic regions. Lead change initiatives and develop strategies leading to improved performance and cost reduction. Guides and directs distribution and transportation operations in a manner that optimizes productivity while achieving customer service and profitability objectives. Manages one or more regions with a total operating budget of at least $20 million, 8 or more distribution centers, and more than 250 employees. Support the sales group in developing improved delivery systems and customer service.
We will consider candidates living in the Northeast; as far west as OH and as far south as VA. Preference for those in the Baltimore metro area.
- Responsible for budgeting and attainment of regional profitability objectives.
- Identify and recommend staffing requirements for all locations within assigned regions.
- Promote continuous growth and skill development of all employees.
- Participate in hiring decisions of new employees and monitor employee performance.
- Develops annual budgets. Responsible for regular monitoring and reporting of variances.
- Ensures proper communication occurs with employees at all levels on critical issues, changes, company policies, etc.
- Develop improvements to operational processes to improve profitability.
- Recommend facility expansions, improvements and efficiencies to operation.
- Promote and instill a safety culture, ensuring safety, OSHA and DOT standards are followed.
- Ensure adherence to all company policies and procedures.
- Conduct performance evaluations, and administer corrective action when appropriate.
- Promote Total Quality Management and continuous improvement of operation.
- Participate on project teams and task forces as requested by management.
- Maintain positive relationships with customers and sales staff to excellent customer service.
- Provide assistance and support to managers of other regions as requested.
- Manages several other managers and supervisors in multiple locations, including warehouse,
- transportation, and office responsibilities.
- Manage 8 or more facilities with more than 250 employees.
- Authority to hire, promote, discipline and terminate employees.
- Responsible for developing annual budget for assigned regions and reporting on variances to budget
- Manage operating budget over $20 million.
- Administer and approve salary actions for employees in assigned regions.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of Distribution/Transportation experience
- 5+ years of experience managing professional level employees
- Understanding of Accounting and Finance
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills including word processing and spreadsheets
- Knowledge of OSHA and DOT compliance requirements
- Commitment to customer service
- Commitment to provide safe work environment for all employees
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Training And Development