Are you the Fleet Technician we’re looking for at First Transit?
If you're a highly skilled mechanic with a strong sense of personal responsibility, a dedication to excellence, and a truly positive attitude who's looking to make a difference in your community, you might be.
We’re Proud to Offer You:
- $2,500 Sign on Bonus (conditions apply)
- Top Hourly Wages based on experience and qualifications + ASE Certifications earn you bonus money!
- A clean and positive work environment!
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) savings plan.
- Company training, paid holidays, paid time off
- Company-provided ASE training and testing materials
- Opportunities for advancement nationwide! (Many of our executives were once techs)
As a First Transit Mechanic, You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to First Transit Standards of Excellence
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair
- Working with all vehicle components include engine, driveline, electrical, brakes, suspension, steering, exhaust, cab, chassis, and hydraulics
- Ensuring work orders are completed accurately
- Will be responsible for some automotive and body technician work
- Evaluating completed work prior to release
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area
- Managing parts room
- Properly using of state of the art paperless maintenance system
- Actively participating in safety and educational training as required
You’ll Need to Have:
- Previous automotive, gasoline or diesel vehicle maintenance & repair experience
- Technical school training is a plus!
- Valid driver's license
- Appropriate mechanic's tool set
- Pre-employment background check and drug screen required
- ASE Certifications (Strongly Preferred). Must be able to obtain while employed.
So, Who Are We?
We are First Transit (A Division of FirstGroup America) – a leading transportation provider. We move more than 350 million passengers annually and employ 19,500 dedicated transit professionals in over 300 locations worldwide. And we need great team members like you!
Don’t Wait! Apply Today!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Portable Appliance Testing
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: FT-24155
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
View the full profile
First Transit, Inc. supplies precision, efficiency, innovation, and all-around expertise to both public and private transportation systems. For 60 years, First Transit has had hands-on experience with nearly every facet of transportation operations, maintenance, and administration. As the nation's leading provider of public transportation contracting and management services, we know transit.
Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, First Transit operates in 242 locations, carrying more than 300 million passengers annually throughout the United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, and 4 Canadian provinces. Each day, our managers address the complexities in today's challenging political, economic, social, and operational environments.
First Transit's business practices are designed to offer exceptional customer service, an award-winning safety program and the highest satisfaction that comes from quality throughout our operations.
Applied in many operating environments, our varied skills include:
- Traditional fixed route and ADA paratransit services under management contracts or turnkey operational contracts
- ADA call centers services and brokerage services for human service transportation
- Flexible Route
- Rural and Urban Transit Systems
- University Transportation Services
- Airport Shuttle Services
- Maintenance and facilities management
- Alternative fuel operations, including electric, hybrid, and compressed gas powered coaches