Delegatedresponsibility and accountability for the provision of resident care accordingto professional standards of nursing practice in compliance with state andfederal laws and regulations. Implements nursing policies and procedures thatreflect facility mission and philosophy. Conducts education, infection control,quality assurance and admission screening functions as assigned. Utilizesresources in as efficient and economic manner to ensure that each residentachieves the highest practicable physical, mental and psychosocial well-being. KEYRESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides care ensuringpatient/resident safety
2. Develops and maintains nursingpolicies and procedures that reflect current standards of nursing practice andfacility philosophy of care consistent with state and federal laws andregulations and communicates to the nursing staff
3. Establishes and implements infectioncontrol program designed to provide a safe, sanitary and comfortableenvironment and to prevent the development and transmission of disease andinfection.
4. Conducts staff training and monitorsperformance particularly for proper hand washing, isolation techniques anduniversal precautions.
5. Develops and directs facilityorientation and training for new partners including general orientation,facility policies, procedures, philosophy of care and regulations that governlong term care.
6. Develops and conducts in-serviceeducation programs for facility staff consistent with staff needs and incompliance with state and federal regulations.
7. Includes training for individualsproviding nursing or nursing related services to residents with cognitiveimpairments, infection control, workplace safety issues, state law concerningadvance directives and health care proxies, long-term survey training, safemedical device reporting requirements.
8. Screens prospective admissions forlevel of care, anticipated needs and length of stay, presence of mental illnessor mental retardation as required by federal regulations
9. Audits clinical records for accuracyand completeness of comprehensive resident assessments, effective documentationreflecting resident responses to interventions and consistent implementation ofplan of care by all staff and professionals, on all shifts
10. Takes immediate action to resolvestaffing shortages as directed and notifies Director of Health Services ininsufficient staff to meet resident needs
11. Supervises Certified Nurse Assistants
12. Gathers and analyzes facts, assessessituations, develops and implements appropriate actions to investigate, tonotify appropriate parties, to resolve issues and to record facts properly,keeps Director of Health Services informed of findings and results.
13. Conducts quality assessment andassurance activities, including regulatory compliance rounds, in alldepartments to monitor performance and to continuously improve quality.
14. Develops program to gather and analyzedata for trends and to institute actions to resolve problems promptly andevaluates effectiveness of actions.
15. Reports findings and makesrecommendations to Quality Assessment and Assurance Committee.QualificationsMINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university or is a graduate of an accredited/approved RN program. MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
One (1) year professional nursing experience in long term care setting. MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Current, active and unrestricted Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in state of practice. ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
Nursing service administration or supervision experience preferred.Job:
1st ShiftJob Posting:
Dec 10, 2020, 1:40:28 PM
Registered Nurse Certified