Delta IT employees are thinkers, doers, innovators.
We are proactive.
We are collaborative.
We strive to deliver the best customer experiences.
Are you ready to join one of Fortune's top 50 Most Admired Companies, and their Most Admired Airline, while building products that are used by millions of customers every day? Work hand in hand with the best and brightest at Delta IT on our journey of transformation to becoming the best IT organization in the airline industry. We are changing the way we do business. As thought-leaders within Delta, we strive to create meaningful and innovative solutions and are looking for team members to help us realize our vision.
Our newly redesigned open workspace contains the latest tools and technologies that fosters our agile, fun and collaborate working environment.
Connect with your new colleagues over a cup of coffee or a game of foosball while talking about all the places you can go with your free flight benefits!
The Channels Technology team at Delta is seeking a Senior API Developer to provide technical expertise in engineering software solutions to support critical business needs. The ideal candidate for this role should possess a passion for technology and a desire to create exceptional customer (internal as well as external) experiences.
If you're in Atlanta (or want to be) and want to work in a fun and collaborative environment with one of the best brands in the world, join our team today! Your Responsibilities In This Role:
What you need to succeed (minimum qualifications)
- Primary responsibilities to include designing, developing and implementing solutions around a micro-services architecture.
- Identifying, proposing and implementing best-fit solutions in a complex business environment for both existing and new applications.
- Capable of implementing industry best-practices related to application development concepts, design and architecture.
- Apply corporate technical standards, procedures and policies to resolve incidents and issues in a timely manner.
- Lead design and development efforts resulting in well structured, reusable and maintainable code.
- Maintain legacy J2EE applications.
- Provide operational support on a rotational basis along with other team members.
- Must be a self-learner with the ability to pick up and leverage new technologies.
- Ensure that Delta methodologies, standards and procedures are adopted and implemented.
- Ensure technical solutions meet business needs and that customer satisfaction with the delivered solution is high.
What will give you a competitive edge (preferred qualifications)
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline with 7+ years of experience in designing and implementing micro-services and J2EE applications.
- We are passionate about agile software delivery, so we are looking for candidates who are experienced in Agile methodologies to work in a collaborative way with key technology and business stakeholders to deliver great software.
- Hands on e-commerce development experience.
- Experience in Continuous Integration and Test Driven Development frameworks.
- Extensive knowledge of Java internals, JVM tuning and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of various J2EE and servlet containers such as WebSphere.
- Proficient in JSON, Spring, XML, Struts and web services (REST).
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience working with APIs and SOA services.
- Experience with source control and build tools.
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, GIT (github, Bitbucket or similar).
- Experience with modern technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift, Cloud Foundry).
- Knowledge of secure coding practices and PCI standards.
- Strong written and verbal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels including managemen t
- The eagerness to listen to colleagues and customers alike; convey ideas effectively and prepare technical presentations and other technical documentation.
- Being proactive and customer centric.
- Technical domain expertise in the Payment processing space and expertise in integrating with Payment gateways and processors in a multi-channel, multi-national business environment would be highly desirable.
- DevOps experience/knowledge is a plus.
#DICE - provided by Dice
- Agile Methodology
- Apache Struts
- Build Tools