To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Delano, CA 93215
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Wellness Coordinator - Wonderful Citrus
Wonderful Citrus • Delano, CA
Posted 24 days ago
Other Great Industries
Strategy - Planning
Here at Wonderful Citrus we are building a best in class health and wellness programs. This position will assist in the planning, development, implementation and monitoring of company-wide total wellbeing initiatives. Develops programs that create awareness, motivation and provides tools to employees that help them adapt and maintain a well-rounded healthy lifestyle.
Here's what you'll do:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* The Wellness Coordinator plans, develops, implements and maintains health services and programs that meet established wellness objectives; reduce health risks and encourages healthy lifestyles.
* The Coordinator plays a leadership role in education, coordination of internal health screenings, programs (lunch and learn seminars) and services, and acts as a liaison for departmental or business unit based ambassadors to help implement and execute wellness initiatives.
* This position also organizes and implements business unit based health related activities.
* This position supports organizational goals by providing quality customer service, participating in performance improvement efforts and demonstrating a commitment to team work and cooperation.
* Keeps abreast of current wellness and wellbeing initiatives, activities and develops a network of programs to increase employee participation.
* Special projects as assigned.
* Conducts needs assessments or surveys to determine interests in or satisfaction with wellness and fitness programs, events or services -- to evaluate overall program effectiveness.
* Develop marketing campaign to promote a healthy lifestyle or participation in fitness or wellness programs
* Conduct or facilitate training sessions or seminars on wellness for employees
* Organize and oversee health screenings or other preventative measures such as mammography, blood pressure, or cholesterol screening or flu vaccinations
* Coordinate special events or programs - oversee events such as organized runs or walks; health fairs.
* Liaisons with Operations at WC to ensure that Wellness initiatives are integrated within Operations
* Works with the Wellness clinic to organize and plan training and implementation of Wellness Tailgates and other structured learning sessions
* Liaisons with the Wonderful Wellness organization to implement programs, policies and other activities that are vital to the Wellness initiative sponsored by the Wonderful Wellness organization
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
* Bachelor's Degree in Health Promotion, Kinesiology, Health Education, Nutrition or related field.
* 3-5 years' experience working in health related field required.
* Bilingual (English & Spanish) required
* Previous experience in education, program development or community outreach preferred.
* Position requires excellent organizational, communication and analytical skills, with the ability to pay close attention to detail and follow through.
* Ability to communicate with the Leadership organizations throughout all Business Units and occasionally with the Executive group
* The ability to work effectively in a fast moving environment with shifting priorities and significant activity.
* Strong program planning and presentation skills.
* Ability to effectively champion wellness throughout the organization.
* Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook required.
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
* Wonderful Giving -- a one-of-kind program that donates company money to charities close to our employees' hearts
* Employee college tuition reimbursement
* Employee referral program - $1,000 per exempt referral; $500 per non-exempt referral
* Full benefits package -- Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, company matching and annual catch-up, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid life insurance (spouse and dependents to age 26), life insurance, AD&D insurance, flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees worldwide. We've made Wonderful Pistachios one of America's top-selling salty snacks. We've turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California's top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world's largest flower delivery service.
Wonderful Citrus is America's largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus, including clementine/mandarin, navel and Valencia oranges; lemons; limes; grapefruits; and other citrus varieties. Wonderful Citrus owns, cultivates and harvests more than 58,000 acres of fresh citrus and ships around the world each year to ensure a year-round supply. Our citrus can be found in all channels of distribution, with our consumer brands most visible in the produce department of grocery stores across America under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
Wonderful Citrus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job ID: 5000476188406
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.