The Project Engineer position provides project leadership, and direction toward the successful execution of capital projects at a single or multiple facilities. Depending on size, location, and type of projects, this position will lead a single or multiple projects simultaneously. This position is designed to grow and develop engineering capital project management competencies so project assignments will be commensurate with the individuals skill set and experience. This position leads project teams to deliver capital investment projects that align with business strategies, follow structured guidelines, company policies, and deliver the highest value asset allocation possible.
- This position involves significant communication and coordination with multiple stakeholders (e.g., Operations, Finance, EHS and RQI).
- Travel may be required to company and co-manufacturer manufacturing plants, vendors, suppliers, engineering service providers, and any other sites required to successfully execute projects. Travel may involve domestic and international and could average 5%-10%.
- Functionally this position reports directly to the Director of Platform Engineering
- External interaction will include, however, not limited to, equipment vendors, construction contractors, engineering services contractors, local / state / federal government agencies, and co-manufacturing organizations.
- This person will have a fundamental understanding of a food manufacturing environment, a technical knowledge of processes and equipment and basic Project Management skills that can be applied to developing and leading low complexity business initiatives.
- This position will need to manage small design teams for multiple projects with a staffing of about of 6-8 engineering professionals (may be a combination of internal and consulting engineers)
- Project values will range from $100K to $2MM and could be bigger depending on the complexity
- Execute, integrate and align assigned projects by utilizing structured engineering work flow process. Execute project initiatives to ensure that all projects are completed to meet business needs.
- Responsible to ensure that all project planning, deliverables, reporting, and spending forecasts are managed accurately and that all projects are delivered within cost, schedule and performance success criteria. This individual is expected to independently manage projects from development to completion and interface with the right stakeholders to deliver business results and value.
- Other duties as required.
- 2 plus years of Project Management experience, leading projects from beginning to end
- Technical knowledge and understanding of manufacturing systems and equipment
- BS in an Engineering discipline or equivalent relevant experience.
- Project Management from a manufacturing environment required. Food Processing and Pharmaceutical manufacturing environments will be considered.
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational and effective communication skills.
- This position is located in Park Rapids, MN
Engineering Design Process