Wealth Management Associate Advisor
This position is a part of the growing Des Moines, IA office of RSM US Wealth Management LLC and will assist clients, wealth advisors and other team members in a variety of roles to serve a client base consisting of high net worth families and business owners. RSM US Wealth Management LLC is a federally registered Investment Advisor, and a wholly owned subsidiary of RSM US LLP. With Wealth Advisors and teams located in 25 offices across the United States, RSM US Wealth Management provides comprehensive financial planning, asset management and other investment advisory services.
- Assist with multiple client and practice related projects at one time
- Serve as the primary contact for Wealth Advisor inquiries and account service issues
- Monitor clients' financial investment portfolios to provide updates and progress reporting, rebalancing of asset allocation model and implementing of recommendations for portfolio rebalancing
- Monitor deposits/withdrawals and cash balances, rebalancing the portfolio as necessary to accommodate the changes in cash position
- Process trades (buys/sells) and cost basis adjustments
- Prepare & facilitate reports for Wealth Advisors for client review meetings
- Actively participate in client review meetings with the Wealth Advisors
- Assist in development of comprehensive financial plans for clients to identify problem areas, make recommendations and select appropriate investments compatible with the client's goals, risk tolerance, time horizon and expected rate of return
- Use various tools (e.g., Black Diamond, eMoney Advisor, Morningstar, CRM) to research and provide investment portfolio and insurance analysis for prospects and clients
- Consistently follow procedures to be compliant
- Assist with the development and implementation of various marketing efforts
- Good communication skills for working with prospects, clients and team members
- Undergraduate Degree in a financial planning related field (business, tax, finance, or accounting) or equivalent work experience
- Business experience of 3 or more years in the Wealth Management, tax or Financial Services related industry
- Must be very detail oriented
- Acceptable compliance record in prior position(s)
- Ability to work, efficiently, effectively, and independently in order to see projects through to conclusion.
- High proficiency in Excel
- Ability to become registered as an Investment Adviser Representative (Series 65 or designation such as CFP, CFA, ChFC)
- Experience with Schwab Institutional, eMoney Advisor, Black Diamond, and other financial planning software tools including CRM systems
- Basic knowledge of income taxes and effects of portfolio transactions on income taxes
- Basic knowledge of investments
- Advanced experience with Microsoft office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated client service skills
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, projects and assignments
- Self-motivated and possess a sense of urgency
Strong ethical and professional standards
Flexibility, adaptability and strong team orientation
Ability to support the presentation of material to clients and prospective clients as part of a team
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Attention To Detail