To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Tenant Services Representative
JLL • Chicago, IL
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Ensure organizational excellence at a property by providing administrative support to the General Manager (GM) and Property Teams. Maintain positive relations between building tenants and owners and JLL.
- Provides direct administrative support to Managers and Chief Engineer (CE) and tenants as needed
- Ensure that 100% of certificates of insurance for tenants and contractors are accurate and in compliance with standards
- Responsible for the overall cleanliness of the reception, lobby, and/or building managed conference room areas
- Assist in Management Audits and prepares all files and records in preparation for the audit annually
- Prepare and send all in and outgoing mail and packages including certified, overnight and special deliveries
- Type general correspondence and memos using mail merge for large mailings.
- Create, maintain, review, purge and forward files to appropriate storage location in accordance with company record retention policy
- Update and file all documents for Vendors and Customers and ensure that contract and lease administration files are accurate and up to date
- Maintain and update employee, clients and customer contact databases.
- Organize department lunches, meetings, events and business travel and all conference room reservations
- Enforces compliance with insurance requirements among tenants, contractors, vendors and suppliers. Documents incidents of potential liability to property and equipment and forwards information to appropriate risk management personnel. Establishes and implements compliance enforcement procedures
- Establishes the new tenant welcome and orientation program as follow-up to tenant construction coordination process managed by the (GM)
- Develops, revises and coordinates implementation of property manuals within the portfolio with the assistance of the property team members. Property manuals include, but are not limited to the Tenant Handbook, Team Handbook, Hazard Communication Program, Building and Tenant Emergency Response Manuals, Space Utilization Guide and Lease Summary Book
- Assists (CE) in meeting the assigned criteria within the Operations Audit.
- Ad hoc administrative requests
- Process all aspects of accounts receivable (AR) and accounts payable (A/P) including coding invoices and billing tenants
- Obtain completed W-9 forms from all vendors
- Initiates cost reduction programs relative to office supplies, equipment and furnishings and maintain such
- Negotiates office equipment leases and maintenance agreements while ensuring technological advancement of support systems fall within budget guidelines
- Coordinates timely repair and maintenance of office equipment
- Tracks budget line items relating to administrative account purchases and resolves negative variances relative to budget
- Prepare manual adjustment forms for all miscellaneous tenant service requests and ensure they are processed correctly on a monthly basis
- Ensure engineers take monthly readings from electric meters for tenants that have supplemental units.
- Enter data on tracking spreadsheet, calculate what is owed, bill the tenants, and add charges to monthly manual adjustment forms
- Prepare invoices to be billed back to clients and send out accordingly for payment. Copies of invoices must be sent to JLL corporate
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma required
- BA/BS, preferred
- Less than 1 year of experience/entry level
- Commercial real estate experience a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Ability to speak effectively before small groups of tenants or employees
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions for office equipment, and procedure manuals
- Strong organizational skills
- Self-starter, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and under pressure
- Develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles
- Ability to work efficiently autonomously or as a member of the team
- Be a team player, dealing effectively with coworkers and internal clients at all levels and in multiple JLL disciplines
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to work, on occasion, flexible hours which may exceed 8 hours in a day, 5 days in a week or 40 hours in a week
- Can effectively cope with change, can shift gears comfortably, can decide and act without having the total picture, and can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office/Suite
- Capability of developing proficient knowledge of other standard software programs or piece of technology identified as standard for JLL or the client
- Knowledge of Cash, Yardi and 4sight is preferred
PHYSICAL WORK REQUIREMENTS / WORK CONDITIONS
In compliance with the American’s with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Tenant Service Coordinator’s responsibilities are such that in order to perform the required work in a safe and satisfactory manner, the following minimum physical requirements apply:
- Is regularly required to sit for long periods of time
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Reading Video Display Terminals, order forms and other written documents
- Lifting a minimum of thirty-five (35) pounds
- Using and accessing stairwells during emergencies
- Using keyboards for typing and computer input
- Hearing, speaking and answering the office telephone system
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability the ability to perform the essential functions
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a leading professional services firm that specializes in real estate and investment management. A Fortune 500 company, JLL helps real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. In 2016, JLL had revenue of $6.8 billion and fee revenue of $5.8 billion and, on behalf of clients, managed 4.4 billion square feet, or 409 million square meters, and completed sales acquisitions and finance transactions of approximately $136 billion. At the end of the first quarter of 2017, JLL had nearly 300 corporate offices, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of more than 78,000. As of March 31, 2017, LaSalle Investment Management had $58.0 billion of real estate under asset management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
• A “best company to work for’ in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
• World’s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
• America’s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
• #1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm’s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm’s information technology are expected to follow the firm’s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL’s commitment to equal opportunity.
Start a lasting career with JLL today!
Total Rewards reflects JLL’s investment in employees’ needs and preferences in Career, Recognition, Well-being, Benefits and Pay. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To be considered, please visit our Web site at www.us.am.joneslanglasalle.com/UnitedStates/EN-US/Pages/Careers.aspx to apply online. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our web site
JLL Privacy Statement
When you visit JLL websites, JLL may collect information related to those visits, without you actively sending that information. This information may include, for example, the internet browser you are using, your access device’s operating system, the language in which that system presents information to you, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the web search that took you to the JLL website, the web pages and advertisements displayed to you, and the links you click on.
For additional details please see JLL's Global Privacy Statement or our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please view our Equal Opportunity and Information Security disclaimers here.