To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Leavenworth, KS
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Geo Reentry Services, LLC. • Leavenworth, KS
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under close supervision, this position performs standard and routine accounting duties.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes all business office responsibilities including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, inventory control and general office management.
- Serves as accounting clerk handling daily accounting and month-end closing activities.
- Assists with preparing and tracking monthly and annual budgets and forecasts.
Maintains payment card (P-Card) system transactions.
- Codes accounts payable invoices for proper account distribution for the utilizing facility. An invoice that is out of the ordinary or unusual requires management approval.
- Communicates telephonically and in a professional manner with regionals, directors, other facility staff and vendors as necessary regarding the appropriateness of purchases and the proper allocation of expenses.
- Updates and maintain current billing files so accurate records are maintained enabling processing of timely billing reports.
- Prepares and submit daily activity reports/count sheets to contracting agencies ensuring accurate, timely submittal in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Prepares contractual monthly billing report ensuring accurate, timely submittal in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Provides copy of all monthly billings to company corporate office in a timely manner.
- Edits for discrepancies and prepares punch detail report for final processing of payroll to meet bi-weekly payroll deadline and ensure employees are paid accurately.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Three (3) years bookkeeping or accounting experience.
- Familiar with general accounting principles, fiscal budget control procedures and computerized accounting.
- Review and understand documents as they pertain to accounts payable.
- Handle a variety of tasks as they relate to accounting.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of staff in a manner that promotes a team spirit and a sense of cooperation.
- Manage workflow in an orderly manner.
- Express thoughts logically, in both written and verbal form using correct grammar.
- Demonstrate flexibility in order to perform a wide range of duties.
- Proficient with computers and the necessary software used by the facility.