JT4 provides engineering and technical support to multiple western test ranges for the U.S. Air Force and Navy under the Joint Range Technical Services Contract, better known as J-Tech II. We develop and maintain realistic integrated test and training environments, and prepare our nation's war-fighting aircraft, weapons systems, and aircrews for today's missions and tomorrow's global challenges.
Under direction of a senior level analyst or supervisor, a Data Analyst I performs segments of professional and scientific analysis of actual and predictable operational activities of a military, government or business system to obtain a quantitative, rational basis for decision making or for resource allocation. Employee will be responsible to perform the following functions/duties:
• Designs, develops, and adapts a variety of methods to analyze operational problems.
• Utilizes modeling and measuring techniques, mathematics, statistical methods, engineering methods, operational mathematics techniques and other principles and laws of scientific and economic disciplines.
• Develops and conducts analytical studies to provide advice and evaluations of the probable effects of alternate solutions to problems.
• Performs professional work in operations research and analyzes test runs on computers to correct or direct correction of programs and input data.
• Conducts studies to organize data collection to select and apply appropriate methods of analyses, to evaluate findings and draw reliable conclusions.
• Develops, maintains and produces analytical documentation.
• Performs other job-related duties and tasks as requested.
Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality, and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures, and policies pertaining to their job.
Typical office environment with no unusual hazards. Occasional lifting (up to 20 pounds), constant sitting while using the computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness is required. Travel to remote company work locations may be required. RANGE POSITION DESCRIPTION Incumbent will be required to provide support for program specific requirements in addition to the above requirements. Provide Data Processing and Data Management support to an Integrated Test Team generally comprised of Air Force, JT4 and prime contractors. Duties will include performing basic data handling of test data and data products and ensuring all data products are logged into and out of the data management system. The incumbent will know and follow all local security requirements in regards to handling, transferring, shipping and disposing of data and media. The incumbent will assist with the development of processing specification, manuals and/or process flow diagrams and will provide requested reports and/or metrics. This position will require the incumbent to copy legacy data off old media to new recording technology and convert to a readable analyzable format. Must possess a CompTIA Security + certification within six months of employment.
REQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION, TECHNICAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE
An associate's degree or equivalent vocational/academic training in computer science, engineering, physics, or mathematics, or 3 years of experience in a related field is required for this position. In addition, a Data Analyst I must possess the following qualifications:
• Demonstrated skill in analyzing problems that include identifying relevant factors, gathering pertinent information and recognizing solutions.
• Skills in performing fundamental, accurate work, which requires planning and logical steps.
• Effective verbal and written skills.
• Planning/organizational skills.
• Ability to work under deadlines. DISCLAIMER The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of persons so classified. Tasking is in support of a federal government contract that requires U.S. citizenship. Some jobs may require a candidate to be eligible for a government security clearance, state-issued driver's license or other licenses/certifications, and the inability to obtain and maintain the required clearance, license or certification may affect an employee's ability to maintain employment. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled