To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
6649 Westwood Boulevard
Orlando, FL 32821
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Manager Finance & Accounting IT Investments
Marriott Vacations Worldwide • Orlando, FL
Posted 17 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Generic Position Summary
As a member of the professional staff, contributes specialized knowledge and skill in a discipline (e.g. Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Information Resources, Operations Planning & Support, Sales & Marketing) area to support team and/or department business objectives. Generally works under limited supervision, but within established guidelines, producing and analyzing more complex business information to assist in the decision making process.
Specific Job Summary
The Manager Finance & Accounting, IT Investments supports the IT function strategy and facilitates the flow of work between own department, Information Technology, and process areas in alignment with broader business objectives. This role is responsible for handling and supporting all financial management aspects of MVW's technology projects as it relates to monitoring, analysis, reporting, control and governance, as well as special projects.
The Manager Finance & Accounting, IT Investments reports and works closely with the Sr. Manager of Finance (IT Investments) in functions like project monthly closing, budgeting, forecasting, tracking, and reporting financials for 35 to 40 projects totaling $15M to $30M of annual spending, as well as maintaining the technology asset management. The Manager will track/monitor actual spending of in-flight IT projects and their monthly forecasting, analyze variances, implement controls and streamline processes. This role will also ensure proper financial analysis of commitments to vendors from an IT Investments perspective, as well as coordinate the accounts payable process for IT Investments, i.e. ensure the accuracy of vendor invoices, timely payment of invoices and resolution of issues related to vendor invoices as appropriate. The Manager Accounting, IT Investments may also participate in transformation initiatives in support of IT's overall strategic and business imperatives.
Generic Expected Contributions
- Performs more complex quantitative and qualitative analysis for business processes and/or projects. Often manages small projects, business processes or parts of larger ones.
- Responds to, solves and makes decisions on more complex/non-routine business requests with limited to moderate risk.
- Responsible for own work and contributing to team, department and/or business results. May direct work of non-management staff.
- Assists more senior associates in achieving business results by:
- identifying opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of business processes.
- providing training and technical guidance to less senior staff, where appropriate, and serving as point-of-contact for problem resolution.
- participating in setting department operating plans.
- recognizing and celebrating team successes.
- achieving results against budget within scope of responsibility.
- Demonstrates an awareness of personal strengths and areas for improvement and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
- Performs other duties as appropriate.
Specific Expected Contributions
- Perform monthly/quarterly close processes of in-flight projects including posting journal entries, analyzing & evaluating accruals, and preparing reports & value-added analysis.
- Ensure accurate tracking, reporting and forecasting of IT related projects on a monthly basis and throughout the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Collaborate in the evaluation of current overall financial processes and implement continuous improvements including streamlining processes to enable the IT Finance team to deliver proficient services.
- Determine the appropriate scope and timing of capitalization efforts, including providing sound accounting and financial guidance on project capitalization and adherence to MVW policies & procedures and GAAP requirements, including researching proper capitalization regulations and understanding new standards.
- Ensure accuracy of invoices, proper coding, and timely payment, as well as assist in the resolution of any issues including tracking of vendor commitments.
- Create and maintain queries in Peoplesoft.
- Assist in the development of discipline and enterprise policies and guidelines to facilitate a strong internal control environment and ensure full compliance to help support the IT Function.
- Serve as the financial subject matter expert and System Administrator of the MS Project Server system as it relates to setting up time tracking of projects, maintaining accurate billing rates, etc.
- Arrange required processes to set up new IT investment projects.
- Allocate and transfer labor and T&E costs, respectively, to the corresponding Resort Development projects.
- Coordinate all aspects of IT projects impacting the Fixed Assets System i.e. setting up, retiring and transferring IT assets, as necessary, including the maintenance of required documentation, reconciliation of projects to general ledger, and resolution of IT asset issues affecting the Fixed Asset team.
- Provide reports on assets to fulfill Tax requirements.
- Participate and contribute to ad-hoc special projects and other strategic IT initiatives, as assigned.
Generic Candidate Profile
Successful candidates should possess knowledge and experience and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills as follows:
Generally a professional position with specific knowledge in a discipline (e.g., Accounting, Human Resources, Information Resources). College degree and/or relevant experience typically required.
Specific Candidate Profile
- BS or BA degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent relevant experience
- CPA or MBA preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant progressive experience, preferably in a multi-faceted corporate setting.
- Intermediate to advance knowledge of Excel and financial modelling.
- Must have strong business judgment, analytical skills, and conceptual thinking.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with people at all levels in an organization and encourage business partnering.
- Superior organizational skills, ability to complete multiple, concurrent tasks, and consistently meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills (oral, written, one-on-one, group).
- Solid project and process management skills with attention to detail.
- High degree of energy, self-confidence, integrity and drive.
- Hands-on problem solver and team player.
- Peoplesoft General Ledger/AP and Project Accounting experience desired.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.