Job Location: Virtual, but must live in the Cary, NC; Dayton, OH; Warwick RI; Omaha, NE; Oriskany, NY; Aurora, IL; Tampa, FL; or Bloomfield, CT markets.
Role Value Proposition:
At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. The Global Technology & Operations group (GTO) is a diverse team of engineers, developers, business analysts, claims analysts and project managers with the freedom to create innovative and solutions to address core business challenges with MetLife. This role will provide exemplary customer service by processing group disability claims in a timely and accurate fashion.
* Provide timely and accurate communication, information gathering, and rendering decisions on Long-term Disability (LTD) claims according to provisions of LTD certificates. Communicate with a variety of constituents (claimants, doctors, nurses, employers, and attorneys) to gather information relevant to rendering decisions based on the provisions of the policy.
* Claim Specialist Trainees will be routinely evaluated for increases in their authority levels as they become more experienced in their decision making and demonstrate consistency in meeting metrics.
* Learn to develop an action plan and identify the Likely Claim Progression including identifying the return to work potential. Utilize CMG which provides an overview of high level topics, factors to consider in the administration of claims, and examples of claim situations.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
* New hires should live a commutable distance from the site the role is posted in.
* High School Diploma and 2-4 years of experience in claims or customer service.
* Demonstrated critical thinking in activities requiring analysis, investigation, and/or planning with strong problem solving and analytical skills.
* Bachelor's degree and strong communication skills, both written and oral.
Operations - Claims
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we're leading the global transformation of an industry we've long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we're dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world's leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine's 2021 list of the "World's Most Admired Companies."
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
The wage range for applicants for this position is $41,000 to $50,000. This role is also eligible for annual short-term incentive compensation. MetLife offers a comprehensive benefits program, including healthcare benefits, life insurance, retirement benefits, parental leave, legal plan services and paid time off. All incentives and benefits are subject to the applicable plan terms.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For further information about how to request a reasonable accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link below.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
- Claim Processing
- Critical Thinking
- Customer Service