Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services. Watch [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Government Account Executive to find out why you should work at MSC and join us as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Requisition ID : 5585
Employment Type : Full Time
Job Category : Sales / Business Development
Work Location : Berlin, CT
State or Province : Connecticut (US-CT)
Potential Work Location : United States : Connecticut : Berlin
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
Associate must spend 90% of their time on Government Opportunities and Government Accounts must account for at least 75% of the Total Portfolio. Sells, under general supervision, MSC products and services to ensure the achievement of individual and corporate sales and profit goals.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
- Fosters the MSC Culture in the branch and throughout the company to ensure unity of purpose and fulfillment of MSC’s Mission.
- Develops a personal business plan under general management supervision to establish personal annual goals.
- Monitors expenditures to ensure compliance with approved budgetary constraints. Takes corrective action as needed.
- Maintains sales records and generates relevant market/sales reports for MSC management as needed.
- Demonstrates teamwork to ensure achievement of team and corporate sales goals.
- Manages, to ensure excellent customer relations. Responds to customer needs, consistent with MSC standards, culture, and business practices. Consults with manager to identify and implement solutions to problems.
- Ensures growth of sales, identifies and develops under close guidance new prospects and grows business to contribute to the achievement of corporate sales goals.
- Sells, under general supervision, MSC products, services, and value adds by interacting with established and prospective customers to ensure the achievement of individual and corporate sales and profit goals.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years outside sales experience is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Associates Degree or the equivalent is required.
- Government sales experience is preferred.
- Excellent communications skills are required.
- Broad knowledge of procurement processes and knowledge of sales theory/skills is required.
- Basic computer literacy desired.
- Position requires daily local travel within branch or market territory.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- 90% of an OSA’s time must be spent on Government – Federal, State or local Government, USPS, or Federal Government contractors; with a maximum of 10% on commercial accounts.
- Occasional overnight travel is also required.
People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
We care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,500+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At MSC, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all qualified applicants and our associates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or any category protected by applicable law.
Customer Relationship Management