The Actuarial Associate assists with a variety of actuarial and financial tasks including financial reporting (quarterly and annual statements), support for the valuation in various product lines, periodic reporting on the long term administration, and reinsurance arrangements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Pricing new and in-force insurance products (e.g. develops premiums, dividend scales, reserves and non-forfeiture values for new and existing plans of insurance).
- Performs actuarial research, audits, experience studies, statistical analysis and calculations. Provides support to policyholders, including answering questions and relaying information.Directs or provides manual calculation support to the administrative system.
- Assists in preparing the actuarial portions of the financial statements and compiles, evaluates and certifies statistical data.
- Uses modeling software to assess risk and provide management information in support of product development, valuation, and ALM efforts.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Knowledge of insurance industry.Experience with life, annuity, and/or health insurance products preferred.
- Foundational background in Actuarial principles. Insurance pricing experience is a plus
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and apply that knowledge to solve problems.
- Strong communication skill and business judgement.
- At or near ASA designation preferred
- MS Word, Excel, SQL, GGY AXIS
- BA or BS degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or Actuarial Science
- 3+ years of related responsible actuarial and insurance industry experience or equivalent combination of training and experience
Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related area
Actuarial work experience preferred.
Person will most likely start working remote but eventually when we are back to work, the person will be required to be onsite M-F, 8am-5pm in the New Haven, CT office.
Nesco Resource and affiliates (Lehigh G.I.T Inc, and Callos Resource, LLC) is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
Management Information Systems