You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Lead Software Engineer - Full Stack
Lead Software Engineer - Full Stack
About ShipperHQ and this position:
ShipperHQ is a startup headquartered in Austin, TX making a big impact in the e-commerce shipping space. Founded in 2009, we are a premier supplier of shipping software for e-commerce sites, selling to both SMB and Enterprise customers. We have 40+ team members spread across the US, the UK, Ireland, and Australia. 30+ members are based in Austin, TX.
ShipperHQ is looking for an experienced technical lead to bring their exceptional skills to help build our market-leading shipping management platform. We are looking to expand our team, and are searching for the right candidate to provide technical expertise, mentorship, and elegant solutions
The Lead Software Engineer will contribute in the following areas:
- Provide technical and architectural direction as we build out new features and products on React, Rails, Node, and GraphQL
- Bring these projects to production on AWS environments
- Hands on work with existing systems whilst maintaining quality and stability
- Look to improve processes and methodologies in the engineering team
- Mentor and collaborate with other engineers
The ideal candidate would have the following experience:
- Has 2+ years of experience as technical lead
- Has technical leadership experience working on a SaaS platform or high traffic system
- Experience with agile methodologies and delivering solutions in an interactive way
- Experience in a startup or small company environment
- Is adaptable and responsive
- Is meticulous and has a high-quality bar
- Has strong communication skills and organizational skills
- Looks for opportunities to mentor junior engineers
- Willingness to learn new languages, technologies, and stacks
- Degree in computer science, software or equivalent
- Has a “glass half full” attitude
Bonus points if you have 5+ years technical skills and experience in any or all of the following:
- SaaS or high traffic environments
This is a highly fast-paced environment where no two days will look alike. For the right candidate, with the right attitude, there are fantastic opportunities for career progression. You will learn more at ShipperHQ in a year than you would in 3 years at other companies. We are an agile, fast-moving team that likes to roll up our sleeves and solve some of the biggest issues in shipping.
Benefits and Perks:
- Work with a collaborative and motivated team with the ability to tie results in the organization directly to your actions.
- 22 days PTO in addition to public holidays
- 401k Match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- This is a full-time position working out of our Austin, TX office 2 days a week
- Compensation is based on experience
At ShipperHQ, we’re proud to be a team that’s as diverse as the merchants we serve. As a member of the e-commerce community, we take responsibility to empower shops large and small to grow and thrive through the power of technology to heart. With honesty, responsiveness, and innovation at the center of all we do, we remain committed to hiring the right people for the job, regardless of race, background, religion, or eccentricity
- Agile Methodology
- Attention To Detail
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: geiucv6
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.