Part Time - Weekends
Lake Ridge is looking for motivated Cooks to join our team.
We are a skilled nursing facility with decades of dedication and experience serving our residents.
Cooks are responsible for preparing food in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations, with established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by the Head Cook and/or Director of Food Services, to assure that quality food service is provided at all times.
- Assume the authority, responsibility and accountability of Cook.
- Review menus prior to preparation of food.
- Prepare meals in accordance with planned menus.
- Prepare and serve meals that are palatable and appetizing in appearance.
- Prepare food for therapeutic diets in accordance with planned menus.
- Prepare food in accordance with standardized recipes, special diet orders, sanitary regulations.
- Prepare and serve substitute foods to residents who refuse foods served.
- Prepare and serve bedtime snacks.
- Serve food in accordance with established portion control procedures.
- Be sure that appropriate equipment and utensils are provided with the resident's meal tray.
- Review care plans to assure that current dietary information is consistent with foods served.
- Perform administrative requirements such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc., and submit to the Director of Food Services.
- Ensure that food and supplies for the next meal are readily available.
- Assist in inventorying and storing in-coming food, supplies, etc., as necessary.
- Assist in standardizing the methods in which work will be accomplished.
- Assist in establishing food service production line and ensure meals are prepared on time.
- Process diet changed and new diets as received from Nursing Services.
- Develop and maintain a good working rapport with inter-department personnel as well as with other departments within the facility to assure that food service can be properly maintained to meet the needs of the residents.
- Perform leadership and willingness to work harmoniously with other persons
- Great customer service with a smile
- TEAMWORK & a positive can do attitude
- Two or more years’ experience working within hospitals or long term care facilities
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must pass pre-employment back ground check and physical
Lake Ridge Senior Living
960 S. Geneva Road
Orem, UT 84058
We Live CAPLICO……
Customer Second: When we take care of our team first, it reflects positively on our customer care.
Accountability: We strive for quality of life and reach for high standards as a team.
Passion For Learning: We want to be at the forefront of change; there is always something we can learn.
Love One Another: Treat others the way you want to be treated. It’s simple, yet effective.
Intelligent Risk Taking: If something makes sense, we’re willing to give it a try.
Celebration: We celebrate life every day of the year with our teammates and residents.
Ownership: When everyone on the team is encouraged to take ownership of the care that they give, it positively improves their attitude, which affects everyone around them, from teammates to residents.
We offer competitive wages, mentorship and training for new graduates, tuition reimbursement, dependent care and public transportation FSAs, cell phone and movie ticket discounts, 401(k) with matching contributions, career advancement opportunities, and medical, dental, and health insurance. Take a look at these benefits (and more!) at www.ensignbenefits.com
URL blocked - click to apply