To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bethesda, MD
- Tananda Arenas-Bertol
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Scientist - Molecular Next Generation Sequencing Expert -NIH-Bethesda,MD
Kelly Government Solutions • Bethesda, MD
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Senior Scientist - Molecular Next Generation Sequencing Expert – NIH – Bethesda, MD
Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Senior Scientist - Molecular Next Generation Sequencing Expert to work onsite with the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive salary with comprehensive benefit package
- Tremendous growth opportunity
- Opportunity to work at NIH, the world's foremost medical research center
- Learn more about what Kelly can do for you at www.kellygovernmentsolutions.com
TASKS. The contractor shall:
- Collaborate with staff on projects from inception through laboratory investigation to clinical translation.
- Perform next-generation sequencing assays for DNA and RNA, including both general nucleic acid biochemistry as well as specific optimizations for different applications, sequencing platforms and analytes.
- Perform molecular biology techniques, including DNA, RNA isolation and quantification, electrophoresis, spectrophotometry, PCR, real-time PCR, and DNA cloning techniques.
- Establish new methods for NGS-based measurements of biology (*seq) that go beyond kitted assays.
- Develop necessary new technologies and protocols; apply, adapt or modify a wide range of methods and techniques to address any problems that arise.
- Formulate experimental hypotheses and design experimental protocols.
- Collect, organize, analyze and summarize data for detailed reports, research papers and presentations.
- Coordinate and manage journal clubs, laboratory meetings; participate in departmental seminars.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and lead the maintenance of laboratory acquisition, safety and management.
- Provide collaborative assistance to other Research Scientists who require the expertise.
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- Ph.D. in molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics, chemistry, or a related field. Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency. Candidates with an MD will also be considered.
- Minimum of four (4) years post-Ph.D. experience in NGS-based assay development or five (5) years of Postdoctoral research in Molecular Biology or Genetics or a related field.
- Broad, expert-level knowledge of next generation sequencing assays for DNA and RNA, including both general nucleic acid biochemistry as well as specific optimizations for different applications, sequencing platforms, and analytes.
- Familiarity with existing genomic databases such as, but not limited to, TCGA, ENCODE, CCLE, etc.
- Knowledge of bioinformatics tools used for NGS data analysis and the ability to independently perform advanced analyses of sequencing data.
- Familiarity with SAS, biostatistics, quantitative analysis, and background in the cancer genomics field.
- Understanding of the biology of human cell-free nucleic acids, single-cell analysis methods and cancer genomics.
- Training and experience in molecular biology techniques, including DNA, RNA isolation and quantification, electrophoresis, spectrophotometry, PCR, real-time PCR, and DNA cloning techniques.
- Knowledge of applicable complex scientific procedures and techniques.
- Experience managing scientific teams and mentoring junior scientists.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- A record of peer-reviewed publications.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE.
Note that the phone number for our NIH branch is not listed. Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. All qualified candidates will be contacted.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to have a role in managing employment opportunities for more than one million workers around the globe. We employ 550,000 of these individuals directly with the remaining workers engaged through our talent supply chain network of supplier partners. Revenue in 2015 was $5.5 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.