The English Literacy Instructor is responsible for conducting activities in accordance with VOACC English to Spanish literacy grant proposal. In this role, the Literacy Instructor provides literacy instruction to assigned consumers as defined in the consumer’s Plan.
Successful candidates must be able to develop effective working relationships with the consumer population. The individual must be computer proficient and able to speak/write in both English and Spanish. Experience working in a community based and multi-cultural setting with consumers and knowledge of public mental health services is preferred.
- Develop/Teach English to Spanish Curriculum to groups and individuals
- Plan, prepare, and teach well developed lessons
- Effectively and appropriately differentiate instruction to meet all students’ learning styles with an appreciation for students’ learning differences.
- Select and sequence appropriate materials, resources, and approaches according to the course/content area
- Assess, track, and provide relevant and timely feedback on achievement (performance and growth)
- Meet with target population in the community as needed.
- Provide coaching and mentoring
- Documents all activities
- Meet weekly with the Treatment Team
The physical requirements described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Move and lift light objects up to 30 pounds such as mail, supplies, files, and equipment.
- Operating office equipment requiring continuous or repetitive hand/arm movements.
- The ability to remain in a sitting position for extended periods of time.
- Occasionally, ability to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
EFFECT ON END RESULTS:
- Improve or increased stability in the consumer’s level of functioning.
- Insures that each consumer’s individualized needs are met.
- Insures that all documentation pertaining to consumer services is completed in compliance with agency policies and funding source requirements.
- Presents a positive image to the residents and public.
- Ensure compliance with contractual obligations.