Kaman Distribution Group (KDG) has an opening for a Sr. Help Desk Analyst to join our IT department in Bloomfield, CT.
The Sr. Help Desk Analyst will work under the direction of the Manager, Help Desk Services and is responsible for providing enterprise wide support to all business units and functional departments across Kaman Distribution Group (KDG). This position requires comprehensive understanding of KDG’s business system programs to perform advanced troubleshooting and analysis. The Sr. Helpdesk Analyst has strong customer service and problems solving skills. Ensures successful resolution to customers’ satisfaction and in accordance with the KDG’s IT and internal controls policies. Demonstrates strong leadership and training abilities. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Ticket / Call Support:
- Following established Help Desk policies and processes, identify, investigate, resolve and follow up on problems brought to the Help Desk by employees. Simulate or recreate problem to resolve operating difficulties.
- Manage and monitor ticket queues for service requests to ensure issues/problems are addressed in a timely manner. Interact effectively with IT to restore service and/or identify and/or to correct core problems or coordinate infrastructure changes with businesses.
- Participate in introducing new or upgraded technical products into the company’s network environment; test features and work to resolve issues. Contribute to support-related documentation that will assist end-users.
- Provide project leadership and support by assisting the businesses in identifying and implementing technical solutions to satisfy a business requirement. Identify, monitor and communicate technical risk factors, issues, status and results to project team lead as well as supervision.
- Support internal controls compliance requirements by providing reports requested by Audit.
- Understand KDG’s internal controls and software licensing requirements, and apply such understanding within the Help Desk environment.
- Ability to act as the administrator for various business systems as needed.
- Write, contribute to and communicate support related documentation on an ongoing basis. Information published by the Help Desk Manager in the user community to ensure consistency and accuracy.
- Analyze user support issues and recommend systems modification to minimize problems; apply continuous improvement techniques to address concerns and document new processes as needed.
- Act as a technical resource and coach. Provide continuous improvement and training for Help Desk Analysts, as well as act as a technical resource in various capacities.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Accomplish related results as needed.
- Associate’s degree required or equivalent experience with a focus on customer service, computer science and/or business related disciplines
- 5+ years of experience in a helpdesk/service desk environment.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems, associated applications, and Citrix; must possess the ability to learn new applications easily.\u2002
Skills/Abilities Essential to the Position:
Benefits and Company Overview
- Possess demonstrated problem-solving skills as well as the ability to provide innovative solutions and drive issues to resolution.
- Possess ability to work under high levels of demand while maintaining customer service orientation; must be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and cultures.
- Proficient level of written/verbal communication skills; effective interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and develop business relationships with a diverse range of individuals.
- Demonstrates the ability to improve current KDG Processes/Procedures and Work Instructions to positively impact quality of end users services.
- Must be able to lead and coach others.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office, ERP, MICA, GP, Tribute, and PC networks.
Our comprehensive compensation package and benefit program includes:
- Your choice of medical insurance providers and plans, Dental insurance, and Flexible spending accounts
- Company matching 401(k) with a great vesting schedule
- Company paid Life (family) & STD insurances, Vacation, Holiday & Sick time
- 100% tax-free tuition reimbursement
Kaman Distribution Group is comprised of three business units: Kaman Automation, Kaman Fluid Power, and Kaman Industrial Technologies. We offer more than four million items including bearings, mechanical power transmission, electrical and automation, material handling, motion control, fluid power and MRO supplies to customers in virtually every industry. Additionally, we provide engineering, design, and support for automation, electrical, linear, hydraulic and pneumatic systems as well as belting and rubber fabrication, customized mechanical services, hose assemblies, repair, fluid analysis, and motor management. Offering products and solutions from more than 220 locations, our people are the foundation of our success. We recognize that our ability to sustain our competitive advantage rests among our talent. #KDG #KFP #KIT #KAI
Complex Problem Solving