To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Austin, TX
- Amber Benevides
- Phone: 972 546 4884 (ext 4017)
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Divisional Accounting Director
Nigel Frank International US • Austin, TX
Posted 2 months ago
Divisional Accounting Director
The Divisional Accounting Director is responsible for managing the shared services accounting team and performing core accounting responsibilities as a partner to the business.
The Shared Services Center is responsible for providing a coordinated corporate support function to regional offices and their staff, for administrative transactional processes including payroll and human resources management, invoice processing and vendor management, treasury disbursements and collections coordination, accounts receivable processes and cash application. The Shared Services center consolidates administrative functions to deliver them in a cost-effective manner, promoting operational efficiencies and service improvements.
The Shared Services team and Assistant Controller report to the Divisional Accounting Director. The Divisional Accounting Director reports to the CFO.
Corporate Finance, Audit, Accounting, Treasury Management, Tax Management, Tracking Budget Expenses, Developing Budgets, Analyzing Information, Performance Management, Internal Controls, Policy and Procedures
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Performs month-end close responsibilities
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Maximizes return, and limits risk, on cash by minimizing bank balances; making investments
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions
- Oversees service delivery and the day-to-day operations of the SSC, ensuring that all standards are met and procedures are followed. Establishes priorities and schedules of main activities
- Ensures financial integrity
- Ensures compliance with policy and procedures
- Oversees benefits accounting
- Reviews and monitors shared services center-related services to identify trends and problem areas, reporting on risks, key performance indicators and proposed corrective action or new approaches
- Supervises staff, managing performance, staff development, training and careers
- Defines and ensures the implementation of Service Level Agreements; sets standards for quality and ensures that operational activities are implemented in accordance with recognized procedures and guidelines and meet the established standards
- Establishes and maintains close working relationships with district offices
- Advanced University degree in Accounting, Business Administration and/or Management, or Finance
- Ten years of relevant experience in coordinating, leading and/or managing operations and accounting functions
- Preferred: CPA
- ERP - Great Plains experience
- Excel / Access experience
- Results Focus
- Leading, Engaging and Empowering
- Partnering and Advocating
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Strategic Thinking