Job ID: 152750
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, Oldcastle Infrastructure is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
The Strategic Commodity Buyer is responsible for purchasing specific direct materials, effectively managing material inventory and ensuring that supply commitments/business needs are met. The Strategic Commodity Buyer supports plant operations to clarify needs, evaluate and/or determine suppliers, generate/place orders and manage ongoing supplier interactions on behalf of the plant operations. As a key member of the regional team, the incumbent will execute on the group’s supply chain objectives.
- Work with plant operations and within the ERP to effectively purchase and arrange delivery of specific direct materials.
- Work with plant operations to clarify specifications, establish source alternatives, increase standardization and otherwise increase value related to purchases.
- Set min/max, reorder points, and economic order quantities of specific direct materials.
- Ensure that purchasing decisions and strategies are aligned with the group’s strategic supply chain objectives.
- Coordinate the process of obtaining quotes and / or requests for proposals from potential vendors, as needed.
- Monitor/research order history of similar products purchased to evaluate/track differences in costs, delivery, quality and performance
- Be familiar with the supply chain (manufacturing, distribution, delivery, use, service and disposal) related to the products and services being purchased.
- Support efforts to identify and evaluate new/alternative suppliers which meet the business requirements.
- Facilitate the approval process for draft purchase orders, and in certain cases based on factors such as purchase amount and/or complexity, provide subject matter procurement review and approval.
- Provide, and encourage stakeholders to provide, feedback regarding supplier performance through participation in surveys and the use of Supplier Corrective Action Reports (SCARs), as needed.
- Work with suppliers, plant operations and the supply chain group to improve the quality and/or performance of products and services.
- Work with the supply chain group and plant operations to follow proper contract management practices with key suppliers and support the development of contracts for local/company specific vendors, as necessary.
- Assist plant operations and the supply chain group to perform tests and demonstrations of products to evaluate value, compare results and/or identify alternatives and to ensure that supplier commitments are met.
- Work with the supply chain group to track market conditions, pricing trends, and opportunities to maximize purchasing value.
- Support the vendor data management/vendor master maintenance processes through adherence to established payment terms and identifying the need for new or updated data information.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with 3 + years of business, purchasing, operations or related experience.
- Experience working with P2P systems, databases/data warehouse applications, ERP systems and / or Microsoft Office applications required.
- Experience with procurement tools, processes and systems.
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or similar certification desired.
- Experience in manufacturing, building materials, mining or construction sectors would be beneficial.
Negotiating – They identify key bargaining points for all parties and work effectively toward win-win solutions.
Information Seeking – Purchasing Agents are driven by an underlying curiosity and desire to know more about things, people, or issues. This involves going beyond routine questions and includes digging or pressing for exact information; resolving discrepancies by asking a series of questions; or conducting less-focused environmental scanning for opportunities or miscellaneous information that may be used in the future.
Planning and Priority Setting – They identify priorities and develop detailed action plans that include objectives, accountabilities, time frames, standards, review stages, and contingencies.
Deliberative Decision Making – They gather, consider, and evaluate all relevant information to make logical conclusions before being moved to action. They are able to put aside personal biases and take an objective approach to making decisions based on data or other pertinent facts.
Influence and Persuasion – They are effective in persuading, convincing, influencing, or impressing others in order to get them to support a specific agenda, make a specific type of impression, or take a specific course of action.
Business Acumen – They make sound business decisions based on a strong understanding of the company’s business model, strategic goals, and relevant policies, as well as best practices and current technologies in one’s own discipline or functional area.
Relationship Building – They develop effective long-term professional interactions with others based on trust: trust that they will always work toward the best interest of those involved and that they are sufficiently competent to provide positive results.
Time Management – Purchasing Agents are able to manage multiple responsibilities by being organized and keeping on top of important time-sensitive tasks.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this URL blocked - click to apply.
Continuous Improvement Process
New Product Development
Six Sigma Methodology