Ameris Bank is a high-performing community bank providing an exceptional customer experience with well trained, empowered employees. At Ameris, we look outside conventional wisdom and processes to find new answers. This means cutting red tape, empowering our people to make decisions at the local level and creating clear paths and easy touchpoints. We represent energy and passion, a steady strength that is bold and assertive, creativity in thinking and problem solving, a scrappy determination and nimble approach to getting things done, a good natured, genuine and approachable way of serving each other and our customers. We look forward to the future, and what this means for you, if you join our team.
Responsible for balancing closing disclosures, sending initial and final disclosures, inputting and validating borrower and loan information in order to insure a compliant loan is closed. Closers are also responsible for initiating funding approval and delivering funds. Other duties as assigned.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Close loans in a timely manner in accordance with company and investor requirements.
- Review and approve title commitments and insurance policies.
- Review the initial loan estimate in comparison to the initial closing disclosure ensuring that all documents meet TRID requirements.
- Review and reconcile closing disclosure with closing agent to ensure all fees are accurate.
- Review all prior to funding conditions for accuracy.
- Request funds for delivery via wire to the closing agent.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- The individual must be able to concentrate in an open and fast-paced environment, have high degree of accuracy and be able to work well under pressure.
- The individual must have strong communication skills and be able to develop relationships with co-workers, attorneys and title companies.
- Must be able to prioritize, follow instructions, take direction from others and work well alone or in a group.
- Must be familiar with general mortgage terms, have the ability to recognize and an understanding of documents required in the processing and closing of mortgage loans.
- This position requires strong organizational and communication skills.
Industry and Work Experience:
- Minimum 2 years of Mortgage experience required.
- High school diploma or GED required.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)