C.Baldwin Hotel is looking for a talented Executive Sous Chef to join the opening team! This is anamazing opportunity to not only join one of the world's largest hospitalitycompanies - but also be a part of this growing restaurant group with theopening of their 4th concept.
Located in the heart of Houston'sfinancial district, this hotel is bold, locally connected, and soulful with 354rooms, 14,000 square feet of banquet space, and 3 food and beverage outlets.This includes a lobby bar, grab-and-go marketplace, and 3-meal restaurant fromTop Chef Winner and celebrity chef, Chris Consentino.
In this role, you will be will be akey leader in the opening of the hotel and work directly under the ExecutiveChef overseeing all culinary operations.
What will I be doing?
As Executive Sous Chef, you would beresponsible for assisting in the direction and administration of the planning,preparation, production and control of all culinary operations in the hotel'scontinuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financialprofitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing thefollowing tasks to the highest standards:
- Assist the Executive Chef in the direction and oversight of all culinary operations, to include, but not limited to, preparation and production of all hotel meals, food quality and presentation, compliance with all safety and sanitation standards and regulation, team member productivity and performance, implementation of policies and procedures, cost controls and overall profitability
- Assist the Executive Chef by interacting with guests and clients to monitor and assess satisfaction trends, evaluate and address issues and make improvements accordingly
- Assist the Executive Chef in creating and implementing menu selections for special banquet themes and events based on current food trends and regional tastes in partnership with the Executive Chef and Director of Food and Beverage, as needed
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, local and company health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, conducting counseling and assisting with evaluations, training, scheduling and assigning work and delivering recognition and reward
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Rr N Arr