The Assistant General Manager oversees daily operations of the resort while assisting the General Manager and/or Area General Manager with all team member, member, owner, and guest issues effectively.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintains product and service quality standards by conducting ongoing evaluations, investigating and resolving complaints, and initiating corrective action as needed.
- Monitors resort operation performance through verification and analysis of guest satisfaction systems and by using daily, weekly, and monthly financial reports.
- Monitors department operational efficiencies and initiates appropriate action, as required.
- Assists the General Manager with the development of short and long term financial and operational plans and budgets for the resort, by department, which support the overall corporate objectives.
- Ensures that the established preventative maintenance program, to protect the physical assets of the resort, is effective; oversees the efficient use of Asgard maintenance software system or similar programs and daily monitoring of work orders, response times, and status of service.
- Works closely with Human Resources to ensure team member motivation, training and development compliance, recruitment, retention, annual team member performance evaluation goals, as well as compliance with corporate policies and procedures and established labor regulations.
- Conveys monthly profit and loss analysis with direct reports to plan strategies for those areas
- Tours the property daily; performs regular daily room inspections to ensure superior quality for members, owners, and guests.
- Works with the Yield Management team to maximize room inventory, utilization, and revenue.
- Reviews security statements and incident reports on a daily basis; oversees the efficient use of iTrak software for incident reporting, where applicable.
- Maintains internal two-way interdepartmental communication systems and procedures to reach all team members and departments as necessary.
- Develops and fosters professional relationships with members, owners, and guests to establish a climate of trust, confidence and mutual respect.
- Promotes an environment in which the Resort Operations Playbook is in practice on a daily basis.
- Assists General Manager with establishing and emulating a positive work environment culture.
- Completes all required Company trainings and compliance courses as assigned.
- Adheres to Company standards and maintains compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience in related field.
- A minimum five (5) years of experience in the hospitality, hospital, and/or home and office cleaning
- A minimum three (3) years of supervisory experience in the hospitality and/or customer service
This position spends the majority of the time (50% or more) achieving organization objectives, often through the coordinate achievements of subordinate staff. A portion of the time may be spent performing individual tasks related similar to those performed by direct reports, but primary duties are supervisory or organizational-goal related. Analyzes and resolves problems, determines work techniques, monitors for regulatory compliance, maintains production, interprets and creates policies, and demonstrates solid subject matter knowledge.
Establishes departmental goals and objectives, functions with independence, and makes decisions on matters of significant importance. Manages human, financial, and/or physical resources; proactively assesses risk to establish systems and procedures to protect organizational assets. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action; develops systems to ensure subordinates adhere to policies and procedures in compliance with organizational goals and objectives.
Specific supervisory duties include, but are not limited to the following:
LICENSE & CERTIFICATIONS
- Establishes objectives and goals for the team; plans, organizes, and manages work flow.
- Assigns, monitors, and reviews work; evaluates direct report’s performance.
- Recruits, interviews, trains, disciplines, and terminates direct reports.
- Orientates and trains direct reports.
- Approves time records and time off requests; submits payroll for direct reports.
- Investigates and resolves concerns and complaints.
- Provides assistance and support; maintains a positive and professional working environment.
- CPR/AED Certification (Adult, Infant, and Child Rescue).
- First Aid Certification.
- Driver’s Licenses (non-commercial) - must be state-specific.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
This position requires the capability to understand and follow both oral and written directions as well as knowledge and usage of correct business English and office practices. Must be able to communicate effectively with others, analyze and resolve problems, maintain effective working relationships, and interact successfully with internal and external customers.
Specific skills and abilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Understands how to develop and implement business strategies.
- Ability to interpret and create policies, procedures, and manuals.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient in time management; the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to take initiative and effectively adapt to changes.
- Recognizes an emergency situation and takes appropriate action.
- Able to establish and maintain a cooperative working relation.
- Ability to interpret and create spreadsheets.
- Able to use sound judgment; work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature, with impending deadlines and/or established timeframes.
- Competent in public speaking.
- Performs well with frequent interruptions and/or distractions.
Training And Development
Complex Problem Solving
Automated External Defibrillator