Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Senior Quality Engineer defines and implements quality assurance solutions to a wide range of complex issues. Ensures a high reliability and proper performance per product requirements. Analyzes reports and defective products to determine trends and recommends corrective actions.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Performs complex quality assurance tests and inspection activities
- Initiates and leads root cause analysis for process related concerns, analyzes process audit results, and recommends proper corrective and preventive action
- Establishes the quality requirement, assuring that delivered products/components meet the design and reliability requirements
- Operates within established budgets by developing cost effective methods to improve quality
- Approves manufacturing processes, test instructions and specifications for conformance to program quality requirements
- Performs Quality audits on various processes to ensure that all requirements are being followed
- Provides significant expertise and knowledge on complex issues and acts as a professional resource for colleagues
- May be assigned to one of the following areas: Quality Systems, Supplier Quality Assurance or Project Product Assurance
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education: Bachelor degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
Years' Experience: 5 - 10 years of relevant experience
- Advanced knowledge of Quality Engineering processes and regulatory requirements
- Demonstrated analytical skills to proactively identify and solve problems
- Ability to exercise a high degree of originality and independent judgment in addition to keeping abreast of new production technology and engineering advancements
- Able to solve complex problems; makes decisions based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Ability to improve products or services by applying professional and business knowledge
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to drive tasks to completion
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or URL blocked - click to apply.
Total Quality Management
Provide Technical Guidance