Facility: ABRAXAS ACADEMY
Compensation Base: $15.00 per hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families. We offer a wide array of services to include life skills, mental health services, cognitive behavioral therapy, family counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, case management services, recreational activities as well as vocational and educational services. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you. Help change lives at Abraxas Youth and Family Services.
This entry level position implements the activities which support the daily schedule of the facility. In addition, this position observes and addresses client behavior and documents services in client files.
- Interacts with and supervises clients during daily activities in a manner that ensures their safety and security.
- Maintains regular communication with supervisor and co-workers.
- Provides effective facility security including conducting headcounts, room checks, and observing client movement.
- Observes client behavior and intervenes appropriately.
- Processes intakes and screens clients according to program policy.
- Facilitates and documents various groups or meetings.
- Administers medication or supervises self-administration of medication when necessary.
- Maintains regular communication with supervisor and co-workers. .
- Maintains confidentiality of information related to client information.
- Observes activities and responds accordingly including emergency situations including evacuation, CPR, or first aid).
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills.