Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD is seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager to join the West Region Water and Wastewater Treatment group, to be based out of Southern California, to support work across the West Region (AZ, CA, WA, OR). Our group focuses on water and wastewater treatment, asset management, operations support and program management for public and private clients. This is an opportunity to leverage your experience and knowledge and to be involved in challenging projects that will offer an opportunity to provide technical solutions as a subject matter expert.
As a Senior Project Manager, you will provide design leadership, project management services, client management, and development support, relating to water and wastewater treatment projects. Further, you will have the opportunity to lead a talented team in advanced and innovative water and wastewater treatment projects, support in the training and guidance of engineers and other technicians and become part of our internal leadership team.
The successful candidate will have strong leadership, project management, and advanced technical engineering skills relating to the treatment of water and wastewater. We are seeking self-motivated and active networkers who value building credible relationships with clients and the community.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with fellow professionals on a wide range of water and wastewater treatment engineering projects
- Direct and oversee field work to evaluate project requirements, opportunities, and constraints
- Leading the planning, design and construction oversight of water and wastewater treatment related infrastructure projects
- Developing technical reports and proposals
- Providing mentorship and development advice to junior level staff
- Interfacing with clients for planning purposes, providing updates and building positive relationships
- Lead or support technical proposal preparation efforts along with delivering client interviews
- Interact with clients, suppliers, regulators, and stakeholders to help create successful concepts
- Participate in asset management tasks for water and wastewater facilities
- Be active in relevant industry organizations, and the like.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, from an accredited university
- Master’s Degree in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, or Business, strongly preferred but not required
- 15+ years of engineering experience, or consulting experience
- Experience with hydraulics, water and wastewater treatment, and construction
- Talented at managing time, handling priorities, and working in a fast paced environment
- Ability to excel in a multidisciplinary team environment as well as independently
- Attention to detail and ability to complete diverse assignments
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
Being the best we can be is in our culture. We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanization are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognize achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.