Our client is currently seeking a Cloud Data Engineer in Long Beach, California. Please send resumes to
Description of duties:
- Perform a key leadership and mentorship role in the areas of advanced data techniques, including data modeling, data access, data integration, data visualization, data discovery, statistical methods, database design and implementation involving cloud-based, traditional and hybrid architectures.
- Create and maintain responsibility for the overall design of the enterprise-wide data architecture leveraging a range of new design techniques to ensure high levels of speed, effectiveness and availability across platforms.
- Establish analytic environments required for structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data.
- Identify information challenges and opportunities within and develop innovative data architecture solutions that can assist with these challenges.
- Manage current and future data architecture, design, and content needs while producing design and development guidelines to ensure a consistent and highly effective data infrastructure.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or a combination of education and seven years of related professional field experience.
- 7+ years of experience working as a technical lead or architect in the data and BI space with expert knowledge of database structure, theories, principles and practices relating to relational databases (Oracle and MS SQL Server preferred) and cloud data stores (AWS preferred).
- 3+ years of analytics, application or data pipeline development experience with exposure to analytics tools such as SQL, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Hive, Airflow, etc.
- Programming experience with scripting languages such as Python or R required.
- Knowledge of statistics and data science to drive a scientific approach to analytics required.
- Strong project management skills, ability to influence cross-functionally in a rapidly evolving environment while managing multiple concurrent projects required.