Summit Hills, Spartanburg's premier Retirement Community is seeking a
Full Time Personal Trainer/Wellness Associate. The Wellness Associate
assists in the implementation of wellness programming and delivery of
wellness classes according to the specific needs/ programs of the
campus. This includes instructing classes, promoting safety and health
education, and supporting design and implementation of an all
inclusive wellness program that addresses the components of physical
fitness anwd health related to the geriatric community.
Experience and Skills:
- High school graduation or GED required.
- Four year college or university degree desired (preferably in
Exercise Science or related field).
- Certifications in CPR, AED, and Group Exercise REQUIRED.
- Certifications from ACE, ACSM, AFAA, ASFA, NSCA or other
nationally recognized and accredited fitness association preferred.
- Aquatic certification preferred.
B. Direct Previous Experience
- Group Exercise instructor experience required.
- Three years' experience as a personal trainer desired.
- Three years of exercise or wellness experience with seniors desired.
- One to three years experience teaching aquatic based classes desired.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
Outlook) plus the
willingness to learn other computer programs if required.
- Ability to work with minimal or close supervision.
- Must conduct all business with a professional manner and with
a high level of
- Must have a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving
record as specified by the Company and by the Company’s automobile
- Work indoors for the majority of the work day (fluorescent
system, carpeted, concrete and tile flooring, normal exercise
and pool facility
noise levels and temperatures).
- Climb up to two flights of stairs occasionally.
- Lift objects of 25 pounds or less over the head.
- Move objects of 40 pounds or less.
- Ability to work in time-sensitive or stressful situations.
- Sit in a chair / stand for extended periods.
- Respond to medical emergencies in all areas of the community
- Assist with member/resident evacuations.
We offer 21 days of PTO your first year + PTO Payout Program -
request up to 50% of earned/unused PTO for payout EVERY pay period.
Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term
Disability, Life Insurance & 401k with match.
Automated External Defibrillator