To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Director of Operations - Waldorf Astoria Chicago
Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts • US-Nationwide
Posted 3 days ago
Waldorf Astoria Chicago - a Forbes 4 Star rated haven of exclusivity with classic Parisian charm is conducting a selective search for their next Director of Hotel Operations.
Recognized as one of the Best Hotels in the World and in Chicago with the Top Hotel Spa in the United States, the AAA-Five-Diamond Waldorf Astoria Chicago is nestled in the prestigious Gold Coast neighborhood among the famed Oak Street retailers and The Magnificent Mile.
A Director of Hotel Operations is responsible for assisting the General Manager in managing daily hotel operations in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
This position reports into the General Manager and will over see a team of six department heads with approximately 250 team members across all departments.
What will I be doing?
As the Director of Hotel Operations, you would be responsible for assisting the General Manager in managing daily hotel operations in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Lead, direct and manage daily hotel operations including, but not limited to hotel budgeting and forecasting, strategic planning, managing balanced scorecard performance, implementing and complying with all company policies and standards, coordinating capital improvements and property improvement plans, responding to guests inquiries and resolving concerns, and meeting participation and facilitation
- Oversee service quality, operational efficiency, guest satisfaction, standards compliance and service and financial measurements
- Identify operational performance, productivity and efficiency gaps and implement measures to correct those deficiencies
- Implement and manage hotel's daily quality process to include, but not limited to, communicating goals, empowering team members, managing service recovery techniques and problem resolution and measuring satisfaction
- Monitor and develop team member performance, particularly department heads and managers, to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, providing professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Recruit, interview and train team members
- 3+ years luxury hotel leadership experience
- 3+ years full service hotel experience
- 2+ years department head experience in a full service hotel, preferably within the rooms division
- 4+ years rooms division experience
- Hilton brand experience and working knowledge of OnQ
- Executive Committee experience
- Food & Beverage experience
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!