To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Wichita, KS 67213
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Centuri Group, Inc. • Wichita, KS
Posted 1 month ago
Join the leader in underground pipeline construction and get yourself a solid career with solid pay! Take the first step on your path to career advancement; Join Us - we’ve got work for the next 100 years!
Construction Crew Laborers are integral members of the NPL operation. You will support a team of foreman, equipment operators and technicians in concrete construction projects. Your duties involve physically demanding construction general labor while working around heavy equipment.
- Join the Largest Utility Contractor in the United States
- Weekly Payroll
- Paid, on-the-job training for technical skills
- Employee Assistance program benefit
- Health Insurance Plan benefit
- Retirement Plan benefit
- Perform construction labor on concrete crew
- Load and unload equipment and materials
- Keep worksite clean and organized free from unnecessary hazards
- Perform regular maintenance and cleaning on assigned vehicles and equipment
- Other duties as requested by leadership
Education, Skills, Experience Needed
- General knowledge of construction is great
- Focus to work safely in close proximity to heavy equipment and underground utilities
- Commitment to doing quality work while putting safety first
- Possess a strong sense of personal responsibility
- Work sites are outdoors in potentially extreme weather conditions
- All worksite safety instructions are written and spoken in English; must be fluent in English
- Work includes prolonged and repeated: lifting (including overhead, up to 50lbs); standing; climbing; kneeling; reaching and feeling; crouching and crawling
- Work is performed within the “red zone” of heavy equipment
- Working safely requires quick/accurate hand-eye coordination
- Pass pre-employment, random, post-accident, and reasonable suspicion drug screens
- Provide valid US work authorization documents for E-Verify
- Satisfactory results of pre-employment background check results
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record is preferred
- Pre-employment medical fit-for-duty test; hold/obtain DOT medical card
- Join and maintain Union membership
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
This job description is subject to change at any time. It reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, and does not exclude or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Centuri and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. Centuri will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a test or job interview) if so requested.
Nearest Major Market: Wichita