To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Clewiston, FL 33440
- Kiara Dollar
- Phone: 000-000-0000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Quality Control Team Leader
United States Sugar Corp • Clewiston, FL
Posted 1 month ago
Position Summary: This is a front-line, salaried-exempt position, responsible for supervising a Quality Control team of bargaining unit employees in the cleaning, auditing, and maintenance of the Packaging Department, Packaging Warehouse, Bulk Loading and Screening Tower areas. The Quality Control Team leader is responsible for maintaining QA/QC documentation as required by USDA, FDA and SQF. The Team Leader will also receive and respond to external audits and requests for information, requiring investigatory responses. This position reports to the Assistant Raw Production Manager.
- Abide by all Company policies outlined in the Employee Handbook and comply with all Company, Local, State and Federal regulations relating to Health, Safety, Operations, etc.
- Successfully participate in and complete all training sessions, safety classes, shift meetings, and/or certifications related to the position.
- Communicate effectively with employees to promote a positive work environment while promoting procedures and enforcing Company policies.
- Monitor and enforce the safety programs by conducting regular pre-shift safety meetings and other identified training requirements, and discipline violations of the company policy, in order to maintain and foster a safe working environment and comply with OSHA standards and Current Good Manufacturing Processes (cGMP) with a focus on Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QA/QC).
- Ensure all in-process, shipped and purchased products meet or exceed product specification for quality and food safety as detailed in all regulatory compliance, including FDA (HACCP Coordinator; Bioterrorism Act - registration and record keeping requirements, (Good Manufacturing Practices), DOC, USDA, FDACS regulations and SQF requirements.
- Continuously monitor the quality of in process and final products (analytical chemistry, microbiology, outside lab testing requirements) and ensure that the product meets appropriate specifications.
- Follow required Food Safety and Modernization Act (FSMA) policies and procedures, and educate and enforce employees to follow Food Safety and SQF quality rules, policies, and guidelines, maintaining an environment in alignment with proper GMP, Food Safety and sanitation conditions.
- Assist in developing and managing an operating budget for the QAQC department.
- Support the Assistant Raw Production Manager in the preparation of daily reports and undertake project work commensurate with his/her education and training.
- Complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Train, coach, and motivate employees to conduct work assignments and accomplish goals in accordance with Operational Excellence and continuous improvement guidelines, with consideration for overall operating costs and safety regulations.
- Working with Senior Management and Human Resource staff, resolve Union issues in a professional manner.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have 5 years of applicable food industry experience and have demonstrated leadership capabilities in the supervision and management of skilled trade's workers.
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge of HACCP, GMP, SQF and FSMA procedures, a certified SQF practitioner is preferred.
- Demonstrate a working proficiency with MS Office applications; incumbent will be required to use SAP within a reasonable time.
- Demonstrate physical ability to perform the essential functions of the job. Applicant must be in good health and physically able to perform all phases of the work.
- Applicant must be able to read, write and speak the English language in order to comprehend instructions on the job and in the classroom, to communicate via radio, to write and interpret policies and procedures, and to ensure personal and co-worker safety on the job.
- New hires must pass a drug test and other pre-employment background screening, and successfully complete any required training or orientation course.
- Internal candidates must have good work record and disciplinary history, and positive results from Company-designated tests designed to measure basic skills, job skills, mechanical aptitude and/or other interests, skills and characteristics.
- Must be able and willing to reside within 30 minutes of the Clewiston facility.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a Bachelor's degree in Food Science, Engineering, Microbiology, or other science related field.
70% of the work environment is conducted in an indoor and outdoor production environment, exposed to heights, extreme temperatures, loud noise, and low lighting while wearing PPE (i.e.: hard hat, goggles, ear plugs, full-body suits, and respirators); working around wet or dripping, moving machinery with sharp edges, reaching above the head while crouching, standing, or laying prone; regularly climbing stairs or ladders, kneeling, crawling, bending, stooping, squatting, reaching overhead, and walking on uneven ground containing slip and trip hazards. Will regularly be exposed to caustic chemicals, electronic magnets, and pressurized steam, and will occasionally access enclosed/confined spaces; may be fitted for and wear a respirator.
30% of the work environment is conducted while seated in an enclosed building with an environmentally controlled atmosphere, facing multiple computer screens containing flashing colored lights, using repetitive motions with computer mouse and keyboards, routinely taking and receiving verbal instructions in person or over the radio. Candidates will occasionally be exposed to stressful emergency situations, requiring tempered, planned responses while directing the actions of field staff and simultaneously collaborating with managers.
This information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this position. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. This description supersedes and previous or undated descriptions for this position. Management has the right to add or change the duties for this position at any time.