Service Technician - Nashville, NC
Clayton Homes, a BerkshireHathaway company and the nation's leading housing provider, is a verticallyintegrated housing company that builds, sells, and insures affordable housing.Our commitment to creating a World Class Customer Experience is unparalleled inthe housing industry and we believe it begins with a World Class Team MemberExperience. From entry-level to more experienced positions, we're activelyrecruiting individuals who are passionate, positive, and eager to learn. Wethen equip you for success, whether you're in the office, in the field, or onthe floor. As a member of our team you'll enjoy excellent benefits,opportunities for growth, and an encouraging culture that supports work / lifebalance.
The Home Building Group is actively searching for a Service Technician tojoin the team at our Nashville, NC facility.
The Service Technician (Service Tech) is key to a successful customer service experience. Good Service Techs mean happy homeowners and a good reputation within the community. The primary responsibility of this position is to repair common service problems associated with manufactured housing. To accomplish this, a Service Tech must possess numerous and varied “handyman” skills. The primary goal of a Service Tech is to ensure our customers are happy and remain happy with their homes after they move in.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Possess proficient carpentry skills (i.e. trim work, roofing, replace windows, realign doors, patch wallboard)
- Possess proficient home repair skills (i.e. repair/replace toilets, water heaters, light fixtures, door/cabinet hardware)
- Produce quality work conducive to high level of customer satisfaction
- Takes pride on each assignment at hand and prepares for each assignment, accordingly
- Takes care of tools and materials assigned for each assignment and inform of any issues, timely
- Takes care of assigned company vehicles and informs of any mechanical issues, timely
- Represent Clayton Homes with professionalism and by exhibiting a friendly, good, and clean appearance
- Demonstrates strong customer relations skills both internally and externally
- Participates on Clayton Homes – Nashville team efforts.
- Organizes, schedules, and files customer service issues
- Other duties, responsibilities, and projects may be assigned, as needed
Rules and Regulation. All employees must adhere to all safety rules and regulations required by local, State and Federal authorities, wear the appropriate personal protective equipment necessary to perform the job in a safe manner and will follow all safety rules per the Company’s Safety Policy.
Physical Demands. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that a team member will encounter while performing the essential functions of this job, but frequent visits to our production plant will happen, requiring personal protective equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment ranges from moderate (office and households) to loud (production plant).
- Applicants are not required to live in the Nasvhille, NC area.
1001 EASTERN AVE
NASHVILLE, North Carolina, 27856
Customer Relationship Management