$65000.00 to $85000.00 yearly
Systems Engineers should apply for this opportunity to join a team with a local client Robert Half Technology is working with. If you want to be a key contributor to the maintenance and optimization of the client's network and wireless infrastructure, this Systems Engineer position will be great for you. Interested? Submit an application today! This full-time employment opportunity is based in the Grand Rapids, Michigan area.
What you get to do every single day
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Consistently deliver the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Grant 2nd and 3rd level support
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Be a part of the development of design of information and operational support systems
- Provide backup, redundancy strategies, and security
- Check and examine application performance for potential bottlenecks, name possible solutions, and operate with developers to apply those fixes
- Control and watch all installed systems and infrastructure
- Maintain, test, configure, and install application software, operating systems, and system management tools
- Experience with automation software
- Solid scripting skills is required for success at this position
- It is preferred for applicants to have proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting various operating systems
- Network migration experience
- Network analysis experience required
- WANs (Wide Area Network) experience preferred
- LAN (local area networks) experience desired
- VMware experience
- You'll be a good fit for this position if you have experience with virtualization and containerization
- Applicants should have experience with monitoring systems
- Applicants should have solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks
- It is preferred for applicants to have solid networking knowledge
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Complex Problem Solving