The Associated Spring, Milwaukee team has an exciting career opportunity for a self-motivated Set-up Specialist to join the production team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the manufacturing of precision machined components and satisfying customers by meeting specifications and delivery requirements while pursuing continual improvement and achievement of established Company goals.
- Set-up, operate, maintain, and troubleshoot various spring forming equipment, including mechanical and hydraulic presses, hydraulic formers, spring coilers, etc.
- Set up and operate machine tools including surface grinders, mills, and lathes
- Work from schedules, drawings, specifications, job orders or special instructions
- Follow control plans and use statistical techniques to insure processes are followed
- Determine tooling requirements and develop, with some assistance if necessary, tooling, fixtures, holding devices and other machine or equipment accessories (such as arbors, cams, discs, blocks, fixtures)
- Develop or modify NC/CNC programs to optimize production operations
- Actively participates in continuous improvement activities to reduce waste, improve processes and products and set best practice standards
- Follow and participate in BES (Barnes Enterprise System) programs such as Kaizen events, 6S, etc.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including all applicable Safety and Environmental Regulations
- Comply with all Quality policies and procedures, including AS 9100 and ISO 13485 requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to use decimals and fractions, work from drawings and specifications, use adjustable precision measuring devices such as micrometers, calipers and other appropriate measuring equipment.
- Detailed blueprint reading and interpretation proficiency required
- Requires reasoning ability to modify setup and processing procedures, diagnose and take corrective action for operating problems and machine or equipment malfunctions.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair machine issues.
- Knowledge of processes and machines related to products manufactured preferred
- 2 years coiling set-up experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Must be US citizen or permanent resident card holder
- High School Diploma or equivalent
***Associated Spring is offering a $2000 Hiring Bonus!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
- Mobile Devices
- Forklift Truck