Assigned to projects to review, coordinate and summarize the activities of cost control, planning and scheduling, document control and estimating. Supports the Project Manager in the delivery of individual projects, focusing on quality objectives. Ensures achievement of safety objectives on assigned projects. Coordinates resources to achieve project goals. Interacts with clients on assigned projects and promotes positive relationships. May also assume other commercial duties as designated by the Project Manager with the concurrence of the Manager of Project Controls.
KEY ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This role is suited for experienced Project Controllers that are continuing on in the profession and will increase their exposure to the skills and practices of the profession while taking on more responsibilities.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Develops working knowledge of prime contract requirements and applies knowledge to project activities.
- Supports the Project Manager in the development and maintenance of preconstruction, construction and closeout execution plans. Coordinates review and approval from Project Executive and/or Director of Operations, and communicates of this information to project team.
- Supports Project Manager in the development and maintenance of written project scopes of work and communication of this information to project team.
- Supports the Project Manager in the development and maintenance of project schedules, including targeted and actual activities lists, durations and sequencing logic and communicates this information to the project team.
- Develops a working knowledge of the project budget, and identifies exceptions to the project budget throughout execution of the project.
- Supports the Project Manager in monitoring and reporting project costs.
- Supports the Project Manager in the development of change control documentation and related financial documentation. Vigorously protects corporate positions.
- Supports the Financial group in preparation of invoices to client.
- Develops a thorough understanding of contractually required quality in design and construction and supports quality assurance for the project.
- Supports Project Manager in coordination of safety resources to monitor site safety and correct nonconformances.
- Monitors design content and quality and coordinates design revisions for constructability and compliance with basis documents, schedule and budget.
- Supports Project Manager in the procurement and coordination of all required project resources, including intra-divisional, interdivisional and extra-corporate.
- Supports the Project Manager in the preparation of subcontract, purchase order and change control documentation and related financial documentation.
- Supports the Project Manager in the evaluation of vendor and subcontractor invoices.
- Supports the Project Manager in facilitating communication between project participants, and produces documentation of communication between project participants.
- Works with Document Control to ensure that all project documents are distributed, reviewed and stored to meet project and corporate requirements. Project documents include records of communications, design documents, bid packages and addenda and bulletins thereto, and submittal's, among others.
- Supports the Project Manager in ensuring compliance of project activities with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Will learn to apply PMO best practices
- Identify and analyze potential project problems.
- Promote communication and teamwork within group and project.
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION/QUALIFICATIONS /WORK EXPERIENCE
- 6 - 11 years of professional experience
- Bachelors degree in a technical field: engineering, project management, construction management.
- IPS values memberships in a professional organization such as AACE, ISPE etc.
- Professional credentialing is strongly encouraged: CCT or CCP, CST or CSP, EVP, CMIT or CCM, PMP, EIT
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT AND SAFETY
- Safety minded individual that must comply with IPS Mission Zero Safety policy
- Capable of working alone or as part of a team without a significant level of supervision
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. for long periods of time with extended computer use
- Experience working in both a Home Office and Field environment.
- Travel to client sites as needed
- This position is a safety sensitive position. The employee is designated for field work and attends activities at client sites where they work in construction, process, packaging, manufacturing, research or other "non-administrative" areas.
- Experience working with multiple industry wide software products
- MS Office Products
- Scheduling software such as Primavera and MS Project
- Preferred experience:
- Client ERP systems such as JDE, QUAD, SAP, ARIBA, CONCUR
- PPM Software: Prolog, Proliance, Prism G2, Procore, Cleopatra, Cora Systems
- Progressive ability, capacity, and aptitude in administration to plan, organize, supervise, and coordinate technical work and to obtain cooperation from others.
- Demonstrates project management experience.
- Analytical thinking, structured problem-solving skills, superior communications skills, team building and strong work ethic. Must be able to build rapport with department staff and clients
- Must exhibit an entrepreneurial spirit by consistently seeking new opportunities to add value to the organization.
- Must strive for excellence in all aspects of job performance.
- Must display creativity and innovation by continually working to improve solutions, tools, methods and service delivery system.
IPS-Integrated Project Services is a global leader in developing innovative and cost effective solutions for the engineering, construction, commissioning and qualification of complex pharmaceutical and biotech research and manufacturing facilities. With technical expertise spanning R&D to pilot-scale to large-scale production, our team specializes in the technology, trends and regulatory environment to successfully deliver capital projects and improve operations. For over thirty years, we have applied unique LEAN methodologies throughout the project life cycle, continually finding ways to do things better and more efficiently, delivering higher quality and controlling costs. Headquartered in Blue Bell, PA, IPS is a multi-national company with over 1,500 professionals worldwide and offices in California, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Brazil, Canada, China, Ireland, Singapore, Switzerland, Germany, United Kingdom and four locations in India. Visit our website at www.ipsdb.com.
Process Architecture, Process Design, Engineering, Construction, Commissioning, Qualification, LEAN Project Delivery, Strategic Master Planning, Energy Conservation Management, Project Controls, Program/Project Management, Operations/Logistics Strategy and Planning, EPCMV and Staffing Services.
IPS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer of protected veterans (M/F/D/V).
Attention Search Firms / Third Party Recruiters: IPS is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment opportunities with IPS. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at IPS via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at IPS in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for a specific position will be deemed the sole property of IPS, and no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by IPS as a result of the referral or through other means.
- Certified Case Manager
- Certified Project Management Professional