Messer Construction Co. is an award-winning construction manager and general contractor that provides leadership for complex commercial building projects. An employee-owned company, Messer now stands as one of the nation’s leading health care and higher education builders. Messer’s footprint has grown to ten regional offices located across the Midwest and Southeast: Charlotte & Raleigh, North Carolina; Columbus, Cincinnati, & Dayton, Ohio; Louisville and Lexington, Kentucky; Indianapolis, Indiana; and Knoxville & Nashville, Tennessee. Messer employees live where they work, resulting in the company’s sustained commitment to building better communities.
Messer’s reputation for support, commitment, and career growth makes it an attractive place to start and finish your career!
We are currently seeking a Project Engineer with a passion for commercial construction to join our team. The primary responsibility of this position is to assist the Project Manager in delivering successful projects through a safe work environment, quality construction, effective LEAN planning & scheduling, cost management, collaboration with project stakeholders, and superior customer service. The ideal candidate will possess a desire for growth, long-term thinking, relationship building skills, and a growing familiarity with the construction industry.
- Support our Zero-Injury Safety Program
- Provide site and building layout
- Coordinate shop drawing and submittal review process
- Support built-in quality using our three phase quality control process
- Help support and coordinate scheduled construction activities
- Expedite building components & materials to maintain schedule
- Coordinate change order management process
- Provide document control and reporting
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required
- 1-3 years of construction experience (including internships and co-ops)
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree. Civil Engineering/Construction Management or related field preferred.
- Good organizational, communication, and problem solving skills
- Ability to work non-traditional hours
- Possess all auditory, speaking and communicating capabilities
- Physical requirements: sitting, standing, walking, bending, twisting, climbing, pushing, pulling, lifting up to 25lbs., seeing and reading
All Messer employees are required to comply with our Substance Abuse Prevention Policy as a condition of employment. Messer may condition offers of employment upon taking and passing of a post-offer/pre-employment drug screen.
We provide an excellent and comprehensive compensation package with unlimited opportunity for personal and professional growth. If you would like to join our team of employee-owners and are interested in a challenging and rewarding career, please visit our website at URL blocked - click to apply.
Messer is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Messer is committed to a diverse workforce.
Order Management Systems