PSI, an Intertek Company is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers’ operations and supply chains.
We are seeking Construction Technicians for our Nashville, TN location.
The Engineering Technician II will be performing testing services, entering reports and data gathered from tests and observations. The job schedule will include some overtime, nights and weekends as needed.
- Activities will include performing field testing and inspections on soil, concrete, masonry and asphalt.
- Review plans and specifications, performing the inspections accordingly
- Inspect placement of reinforcing steel and post-tensioned cables
- Communicate results with contractors, engineers and others
- Input results and observations into daily reports
- Must have high school diploma/GED
- 2+ years experience in soils, reinforced concrete and other materials testing/inspection disciplines preferred.
- ICC Special Inspectors (Reinforced Concrete, Masonry, Soils, Fireproofing, Structural Steel Welding, Structural Steel Bolting, Post Tension) certifications preferred
- ACI Certification preferred
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Materials Testing (Tests)