The Mechanic’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Inspect, adjust, realign, fabricate, paint, repair and drive vehicle, to include, but not limited to, test brakes, align wheels, tighten bolts and screws and reassemble equipment to keep vehicles repaired, safe and in good working condition.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on vehicles, equipment and machinery as well as facilities repairs and maintenance while maintaining a safe working environment.
- Accurately produce reports and other departmental documents to HTA, DOT and USCG standards in a timely manner.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to drive in a safe, competent manner a vehicle that is 27 feet to 42 feet in length on busy public streets and on company property.
- ASE Certifications preferred: Auto Brakes and Preventative Maintenance & Inspection.
- Shall be able to read, write and speak fluent English in order to communicate with fellow CASTmembers and the general public.
- Ability to work in cramped spaces and under a vehicle while lying on your back , lift, lower and carry items that typically weigh 25 – 50 pounds without assistance and 75 pounds with assistance, varying distances.
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Completion of an automotive training program.
- Vocational or technical school preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record for the past three years.
- Will provide training to acquire a Class B or higher CDL with airbrake endorsement.
- Must supply own hand tools and toolboxes. Tools must meet or exceed minimum tool list.
- Must pass a DOT physical upon employment.
- Competitive wage.
- Full Benefits Package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, and more.
- Two weeks paid vacation the first year.
- Discounts in retail stores and free tickets to our company attractions.
Successful candidate will pass a drug test and a background search.
This position is currently not accepting applications.
To search for an open position, please go to http://HistoricToursofAmerica.appone.com
Training And Development
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 2398353
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Historic Tours of America finds its roots during the early 1970s in the partners’ shared passion for historic buildings. Our original partnership was formed to accomplish the renovation and restoration of buildings in the Key West, Florida historic district along now famous Duval Street.
View the full profile
To transport retail customers to the restoration area along the city’s main street, the partners bought a company called Old Town Trolley Tours which consisted of two cut down bread trucks pulling a boat trailer with a metal awning roof and a plywood floor to which garden bench seats were attached. This was our start in the Transportainment business.
Today, as The Nation’s Storyteller, we entertain over two million guests every year at our tours, attractions and historic ships. Millions more visit Historic Tours of America festival marketplaces and themed retail gift stores. We are thankful for every visitor to the great American cities of Boston, Key West, San Diego, Savannah, St. Augustine, and Washington, DC where we are located.
Over the years Historic Tours of America has grown slowly and steadily. Our invitation to" See The Best First" on our tours and attractions requests that you trust us with your vacation time. We know your vacation time is precious and our 100% guarantee* is our pledge that every Historic Tours of America CASTmember will strive to Make Your Vacations Better!