Volt Workforce Solutions is looking for a Calibration Technician II to assist our client who is a global healthcare leader. This is a 12 month contract.
The Calibration Technician II works with test and measurement equipment performing single, multi-discipline electrical, dimensional and physical calibrations on all proprietary measurement and process control equipment. Individuals schedule, pick up and deliver equipment to internal users and document actions on an equipment control data base. Individuals develop and write simple calibration procedures based on component specifications using spreadsheet, flow chart and word processing software and programming software. Individuals perform system troubleshooting on all equipment types to the board level, review documentation, checklists and manuals for accuracy and completeness. Individuals perform data analysis, measurement studies and calibration certificate analysis.
- Perform multi-discipline calibrations and simple measurement systems
- Generate equipment specification documents for calibration standards
- Automate single discipline calibration functions
- Plan training or calibration trips to off-site facilities
- Travel by air to remote manufacturing sites to provide training and support
- Design calibration fixtures
- Select standards for system calibration procedures based on tolerance accuracy ratios, specifications and measurement uncertainty
- Complete assigned projects
- Attend training sessions and perform presentations after training
- Use automated electronic calibration processes
- Research calibration standards
- Submit change orders
- Research simple repair situations and determine action steps
- Perform analysis for repair prevention
- Use and order tools and specify and order parts with attention to safety precautions
- Perform normal repairs and maintenance
- Generate and review out-of-tolerance reports
- Use calibration data base systems including: history tracking and recall and overdue reports
- Use computer software specific to calibration
- Document calibration tasks
- Provide formal training to equipment users and other calibration technicians
- Research and answer user technical measurement questions
- Perform data analysis and report on equipment measurement studies
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
- High School degree required.
- 2 year technical degree required or equivalent military training.
- 2 - 5 year’s calibration experience.
- Previous experience in calibration and test methods on dimensional, electrical and physical equipment.
- ASQ CCT certification a plus.
- PMEL Experience is preferred
- Knowledge of basic math operations, algebra, geometry, trigonometry and statistics.
- Good computer skills, including data analysis and report writing skills.
- Ability to travel approximately 5%.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
Please apply to position or contact Debbie Linville at Phone number blocked - click to apply for any questions and more details regarding this position.
Volt has been serving some of the nation's strongest companies for over 60 years. As a Volt employee, you can expect the highest level of on-site support. We have a long-standing tradition of developing lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with its employees.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Cisco Certified Technician