Advance Auto Parts (NYSE: AAP) is a leading automotive aftermarket parts provider in North America, serves both the professional installer and do-it-yourself customers. Advance Auto Parts operates approximately 5,100 stores, 129 Worldpac branches and serves approximately 1,300 independently owned CARQUEST branded stores in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Canada. Advance employs approximately 73,000 Team Members.
Advance Auto Parts works hard to create an environment of honesty, integrity, mutual trust and dedication. Since the Company’s founding by Arthur Taubman in 1932, these values haven’t changed. More information can be found at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Enterprise Platform Solutions Architect.
The Enterprise Platform Solutions Architect is an experienced technologist with responsibility for the cloud and platform architectural direction and the continued evolution of the OpenShift platform at AAP. The success in this position will require technical expertise with hands-on experience coupled with strong leadership skills and adherence to our company’s cultural values.
- As part of the Enterprise Architecture team, provide cloud and infrastructure solutions needed to support business strategies, goals, and objectives.
- Responsible for the roadmap and evolution of platforms, notably OpenShift Container platform.
- Partner with the Enterprise Architecture and Cloud infrastructure teams on defining and designing hybrid multi-cloud platform solutions that are secure, reliable, scalable, and highly available.
- Collaborate closely with architects in the functional and technical domains to build solutions to support business goals and objectives that align with target architectures.
- Contribute to the development of Enterprise best practices, standards, and patterns with responsibility for cloud and platform.
- Partner with Enterprise architecture team in research or POC efforts on emerging platforms and technologies to support cloud engineering and application development efforts.
- Expert understanding of IT strategic solutions like automation, hybrid cloud, IT modernization, DevOps, and advanced application development and observability concepts.
- Participate in the Architecture Review Board to evaluate and approve architecture deliverables that align with the strategic goals.
- Mentor, coach and strengthen the technical expertise in the engineering and architecture practice.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher and 10+ years of progressive technology experience.
- 5+ or more years of Solution architecture or Enterprise architecture experience
- 3+ years of practical experience with large-scale container orchestration systems such as Kubernetes, OpenShift, Docker Swarm, etc. in production environments.
- 3+ years of cloud experience in establishing best practices and cloud migration methodologies. Azure, AWS preferred.
- Broad technical knowledge of Operating Systems, Storage, Network, Virtualization, Active Directory, and Infrastructure management tools.
- 5 years or more experience with DevOps technologies such as Jenkins / Circle-CI, Docker, GIT, Maven, Ant, JIRA, etc. is required
- Working knowledge of logging and monitoring tools such as New Relic, Splunk, AppDynamics, ELK, CloudTrail.
- Experience with database technologies such as Postgres, Oracle, MySQL, etc. is a plus.
Problem Solving Analytical Skills
- Strategic problem solving and strong solutions designing skills.
- Strategic thought process, strong business acumen to influence business leadership
- Abstract thinking skills, comfort level with concepts of application, data, and technology architectures. Ability to switch between conceptual, logical, and physical views.
- Ability to build and validate hypotheses as well as prototype solutions or evaluate new technologies.
- Ability to consider multiple options, sources, perspectives and evaluate their importance, relevance, and validity.
- Build and grow strong relationships with business leaders, technical leaders, product owners, enterprise architects and other stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal skills, ability to communicate effectively at all levels the organization.
- Strong ability to evangelize strategy and best practices across the organization.
- Active Directory Group
- Amazon Web Services
- Apache Ant
- Apache Maven