DISYS is currently Recruiting for a Mainframe Developer/Sytem Analyst. This is an awesome opportunity at one of our Top Client sites in the beautiful Portland, OR Metro area.
Project Description Mainframe developer who can also function as a system analyst/BSA in some cases. Must be able to read COBOL and feel comfortable developing technical specifications to pass off to other developers.
Top three must haves:
- COBOL/COBOLIIDB2, CICS, VSAM, IDMS/ADSO, IBM JCL & utilities
- Systems and/or Business Systems Analysis experience
- Development / modifications of batch programs to support parts catalog consolidation – convert / load data from legacy catalogs into current catalog
- Development / modification of batch programs to support integration/interfaces of vendor major component information into the parts catalog database.
- Down the road: development yet to be determined that is likely required to support a new catalog authoring process
- Systems/Business Systems Analysis
Requirements (in order of priority):
- Mainframe knowledge – should have deep background and understanding
- Cobol and SQL development ability
- Thorough knowledge and ability to navigate the mainframe environment. E.G. Ability to do things like data analysis and file compares, run JCL, troubleshoot code, code reviews,
- DB2 and IMS database experience
- Ability to conduct systems analysis skills and troubleshooting
- 8-10 years of experience.
- Ability to research and figure things out for themselves with minimal supervision and support.
- Ability to quickly come up to speed on a new application and business process.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to interface with BSA’s, App Owner, and a interpret/translate requirements as needed
- Ability to work with little to no direction
- Business knowledge in vehicle engineering bill of materials and change over, automotive/truck manufacturing, vehicle parts catalog
- Background in Java based applications technologies as well as mainframe background.
Digital Intelligence Systems, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because they inquired about, discussed, or disclosed compensation. Email recruitinghelp @ disys.com to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process.
Job Control Language (Jcl)
Application Development System Online (Adso)
Cobol (Programming Language)
Customer Information Control System (Cics)