Afterhours (Overnight) Carrier Representative
Transportation company in Southwest Charlotte is looking for an Afterhours Carrier Representative. The shift will be 630pm-630am on a rotating schedule (Example - Week one: work Thursday-Monday, off Tuesday-Wednesday; Week two: work Tuesday-Wednesday, off Thursday-Monday). Potential temp to permanent. Pay: $17.50/hr.
- Track loads within the system, communicate with internal customer and external carrier, help to facility and make sure they don't experience any issues during transit.
- Provide updates for Brokerage, managed freight and eventually our assets.
- Volume: 50 phone calls, and 50 emails, 50+ loads. Will have to call or email on each of those loads
- Will handle tracking and reporting.
- Facilitate, track and trace, research and update shipments.
- Review/ monitor/ update the afterhours watch list (Google Doc)
- Facilitating successful loading and deliveries of loads after hours
- Address customer/ carrier needs and working to find a solution.
- Provide timely communication (including escalations to appropriate Division contacts) of any potential problems along with actionable solutions to all internal and external stake holders
- Documenting & reporting issues to the correct contacts w/ recap and follow up action needed for the following morning.
- Provide facilities advanced notification of missed/ late PU or late DEL
- Deliver industry leading customer service to all internal and external trading partners.
- 1+ year of customer service experience
- Transportation experience is a PLUS!
- College experience preferred
- Call center or customer service environment
- Computer savvy, self-motivator and doesn't need to be micro managed, team player, take coaching, learn new processes
- Ability to become proficient with TMW, Mercury Gate, and Macropoint (similar to PeopleNet)
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
URL blocked - click to apply
URL blocked - click to apply
Founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement.
Our niche brands provide direct hire, executive search, temporary staffing, contract consulting and temp/contract-to-hire solutions to emerging growth companies and the Fortune 500 across market sectors, career specialties/disciplines and industries. Over time, office locations, specialty practice areas and service offerings will be added to address ever changing constituent needs.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Pharma and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting URL blocked - click to apply.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future (TM)
•1+ year of customer service experience
•Transportation experience is a PLUS!
•College experience preferred
•Call center or customer service environment
•Computer savvy, self-motivator and doesn't need to be micro managed, team player, take coaching, learn new processes
•Ability to become proficient with TMW, Mercury Gate, and Macropoint (similar to PeopleNet)
Coaching And Mentoring