One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital management companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (NYSE: UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing since its inception to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenues of $10 billion and 83,000 employees. In 2019, UHS was recognized for the ninth consecutive year as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; in 2018, ranked #268 on the Fortune 500; and in 2017, ranked #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 83,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom.
The Corporate Supply Chain Department is seeking a dynamic and talented Program Director – Value Analysis.
The Program Director – Value Analysis administers and supports the Corporate Supply Chain Clinical Value Analysis Program servicing a total 392 facilities. These include: Acute Care, BH (Behavioral Health), IPMs (Independent Physician Management), Alt (Alternate) Sites and Surgery Centers. Provides oversight of Clinical Value Analysis sourcing and standardization initiatives covering all clinical specialties including: Surgery, Nursing, Critical Care, Obstetrics, Neonatal Intensive Care, Respiratory, Radiology, Interventional Radiology, Wound Care and Behavioral Health pertaining to commodity products, medical devices, physician preference items and capital equipment. With participation in sourcing for these specialty areas, shares responsibility and is a key stakeholder in the annual sourcing of $105M capital, $329M in medical devices and $294M in commodity spend annually (totaling $728M).
Key Responsibilities include:
- Administers and supports the Value Analysis Program, which includes identification and execution of standardization, utilization, and sourcing opportunities for clinical products, medical devices and physician preference items (PPI).
- Applies past clinical experience and knowledge to these initiatives.
- Participates in review, approval and implementation of new products and technology presented by hospital clinicians.
- Assists Corporate Clinical Leaders with providing product usage, approved contracted vendors and cost information as needed for their specific product-related initiatives.
- Serves as a Clinical Subject Matter Expert in providing Supply Chain support to Corporate Quality, Nursing, Surgery, Radiology, IR, Cardiology, OB, Risk Management, and Loss Control leadership.
- Participates/leads identified sourcing opportunities pertaining to clinical products, medical devices and PPI with support from Corporate Contracting team and GPO support staff. This includes strategy development, vendor communication, negotiation, benchmarking proposed pricing, and execution of contract.
- Acts as a liaison between acute care departments and Corporate Contracting as hospitals work on facility-based agreements
- Practices the UHS Service Excellence Standards in all job related functions and activities: Projects a positive attitude. Takes a sense of personal responsibility. Is efficient and effective. Makes communication more effective. Develops service recovery skills. Practices professionalism. Serves others from a team-centered approach.
- Monitors and assists facility Supply Chain and Clinical Leaders with corporate-wide product conversions. This includes objectives and time frames for conversion, cross-reference data, education tools, and supporting financial information.
- Performs cost analysis, tracks conversion timeline and savings progress.
- Develops and administers project management plan for initiatives greater than 100 hours.
- Develops Best Demonstrated Practice strategies; recognizes existing facility Best Practices; educates hospital clinical areas in implementation of those practices; and tracks savings identified through their implementation
- Directs and /or participates in Facility Service Line Committee Meetings by planning and assisting with scheduling, developing the agenda; and leading the meeting. Facilitates sharing of ideas, strategies, and tactics to achieve targets. Promptly distributes meeting minutes.
- Keeps the Service Line SharePoint site updated.
- Provides leadership to facility based service line Value Analysis teams.
- Performs clinical review of all specialty-based capital purchasing requisitions to assure they meet established UHS standards; are from approved contracted vendors; and represent appropriate and current level of technology.
- Works with facility Clinical Leaders particularly in procedure areas (OR, Cath Lab,etc) assuring that their sourcing initiatives follow established corporate and GPO contracts.
- Coordinates with UHS Legal to ensure that contract terms and conditions are favorable and mitigate risk.
- Represents UHS on Group Purchasing Organization Clinical Steering Committees.
- RN Acute Care Experience in one or more of the following areas Med-Surg, Critical Care, Cardiovascular (Cath Lab), Surgery, Obstetrics)
- Detailed clinical and operations management experience required.
- Contracting and Negotiating experience strongly preferred.
- Strong leadership presence to evaluate business opportunities, major contracts, and relationships.
- Strong group dynamic skills to lead facility conversion teams to accomplishment established goals.
- Projects a positive attitude and team orientation. Needs to be effective in recovery skills and exhibit a strong work ethic.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication and analytical skills.
- Computer skills with proficiency in MS Excel and Word.
- Six Sigma credentials preferred.
- English verbal and written fluency.
- Requires a skill set that includes clinical and technical acumen, ability to lead large virtual groups and strong Service Excellence performance.
- Communicates frequently with Executive Level Management at both Corporate and Facility levels. Represents UHS on GPO (Group Purchasing Organizations) Clinical Steering Committees.
Travel Requirements: 25-50% based on projects
This opportunity provides the following:
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Growth and development opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
- 401k plan with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off
*UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to "UHS or UHS facilities" on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms "we," "us," "our" or "the company" in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.