To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Birmingham, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Accounts Receivable Associate
Altec Industries , Inc. • Birmingham, AL
Posted 1 month ago
Why Join Altec?
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries throughout the world.
Altec is currently looking for an Accounts Receivable Associate in Birmingham, AL. This position supports the Accounts Receivable Department by communicating with customers to discuss past due invoices and resolve both internal and external obstacles to payment. Major responsibilities include the following:
- Compiles necessary information from financial institutions such as third party collection agencies, bankruptcy courts, and credit organizations
- Maintains records of credit hold accounts and adequacy of credit limits
- Processes incoming mail
- Produces reports and interprets data as needed
- Responds to customer inquiries and resolves customer issues
- Efficiently and effectively utilizes the customer database
- Assists in customer set-up and credit approval
- High School Diploma/G.E.D and a minimum of one year of directly related experience required
- Four-year Bachelor's Degree preferred (may substitute for experience)
- Three years of applicable experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong organizational skill and attention to detail required
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
• Retirement 401(k) Program
• Vacation and Holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
• Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.