Project Engineer Job Description
Lasko Products, one of the nation’s leading producers of home comfort products, has an immediate opening for a Project Engineer. This is a career opportunity in a high performance department. The focus is on supporting product design, testing and evaluation. Mechanical and electrical aptitude required along with good written and verbal communication skills. The selected individual will also be responsible for handling precision measuring equipment, maintaining all long term product testing and log results, and other Engineering duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with management.
- Determines product specifications by studying product design and translating consumer requirements into product requirements.
- Confirms product performance by designing and conducting tests.
- Works with cross functional team to define the project schedule.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
- Clear communication of project status as well as product requirements to both the internal Lasko team as well as the selected suppliers. This includes regular communication with the Lasko Far East team members.
- Candidate should have a BS or MS engineering or degree with a preference on electrical engineering.
- Experience in motor design is a PLUS
- Experience in SolidWorks, ProE or similar 3D modeling program
- Candidate should have design, test or process engineering background in addition to regulatory and compliance experience. Experience in Electro-mechanical consumer products is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate clearly and confidently in highly technical subjects for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience working within a gated product development process.
- Experience with Air filtration and humification products design & testing is strongly preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Solid Works (Cad)
Creo Elements/Pro (Computer Aided Design Software)